BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I really think the s85 with properly sized turbos would make absolutely incredible power even at low boost on a completely stock engine. Superchargers are great, but they probably rob 100hp just to run the supercharger and create lots of heat in the process.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I would love a turbo kit for my car! Just waiting for someone to produce it. Been waiting for a long time. LOL

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yeah as much as I would LOVE a turbo build for this platform....the cost and placement of the turbos is the one that deters most tuners and people away.I wonder if you can run a pair of turbos near the brake ducts...though.

·
Registered
504 Posts
*starts saving*

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Hopefully it doesn't take as long as their E9X M3 turbo kits which I still believe no one is running besides their shop car after all this time.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I thought they just announced it though...or was it in the works for a while?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Back in August I posted (on another forum) a twin turbo thought experiment that would not take up any additional space under the hood and would use stock exhaust manifolds:

twin turbo- initial design with lots of room left to work on engine and car
For the base 5.0L kit 8-psi produces 800-rwhp estimated

It will cost $100K (for a one off including all development costs) + your M5 basket-case + your labor (requires some cutting/welding in some cases, or just heating and sheet metal hammering)

If mass produced in kit form about $ 30,000

The optional 15-psi 5.8L stroker 10:1 CR kit Add $ 12K for these parts:

http://www.pureperformancemotorsport...roker-kit.html

And $ 8K for ancillary hard ware produces 1,200 rwhp (est)

Kit also includes:
Rear twin radiators and fan kit to mount in place of mufflers

custom made drive shaft adapter: BHA-T1 - Aerospace, Commercial, Motorsports applications
sequential trans-axle: 46P1 - Aerospace, Commercial, Motorsports applications
Custom drive shaft
Custom axles: Axle Systems - Aerospace, Commercial, Motorsports applications

Air to air inter-cooler in place of front rad location.
Wiring and tubing to relocate starter, alternator, air pump, and AC compressor to trans-axle.

Turbo's (type TBA) and waste gates (8-psi base or 15 psi with 10.0 to one compression ratio) bolt right up to custom brackets at former bell-housing location and connect to stock exhaust manifolds

2000cc injectors (base kit)

Fuel cell for mounting in trunk with 450-L/hr pump
1/2" fuel lines and custom rail

Custom manifold and inter-cooler piping

Meth injection or E-85 option could be developed

Tune: to develop ( needs throttle cut piggy back ECU for sequential shifting)

The key is the Emco trans axel that allows the turbo’s to take up the space vacated by the original trans and bellhousing

My little top my head spur of the moment design exercise. LOL

·
Registered
504 Posts
Intro Price: 17k and it'll sell :p

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sub'd.

Reactions: 2modfast

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
If I had 100+k to spend to make this car 1200hp then I think I would just buy another car altogether LOL!!

Reactions: Kazakh015

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Bad things happen when one is out of touch with what proper R&D testing, development and specialized tooling costs.

Case in point:

"The cars are out of there!!!! - M5's removed from ASR
Finally step 1 was accomplished. Yesterday M5Junky (Steve) and I got our M5's out of ASR.
After 2years of NOTHING but continual excuses and empty explanations and promises the cars are back in our hands. Sadly there cars are pathetic. My once beautiful M5 will now be relegated to junk category and have to at best sell as a salvage. Another insult at the hands of ASR.
After all this time there was NOTHING whatsoever substantive done, and I mean nothing.
Our cars are just a mess and nothing done. Correction, in the last 2 weeks the intake manifold was started to be worked on and the intercooler piping was supposed to be done! WOW, 2 years?
I won't go into details b/c for what purpose but suffice it to say the explanations were downright insulting. Were we thought to be that stupid? I know we surely played to role of absolute chumps thinking and believeing in a "friend".
This project never even got off the ground, yet right at the end there was a supposed scramble to get started, please.
Betrayal is a hard pill to swallow.

This is far far far from over. Wheels are turning at different levels and action will take place.
Steve and I are not willing to walk away from multi multi mutli thousands of dollars. Plus there's more but for later surprises.
I hate this but we were pushed to this point by ASR's behavior. There's so much more to say but truly serves no purpose. We were defrauded and all know this.

Eviscerated means parts were everywhere. The car was a hollow shell. Motor, tranny, drivetrain everything spread out all over. Yet nothing has been done regarding the "project". All disassembled but NOTHING done or developed.
There's so much to say. I could write for hours. I have never been lied to so much. Everything was a story, a lame excuse. Nothing but continual bullcrap, a lie a minute.
I think I see a future in politics here. Better scamming action in politics.
Can anyone acceptor believe that the clutch has been at the machine shop for 6 months?

Anyway do not want to say much more. Abid has royally fvcked Steve and I. Not only for the multi-thousands of dollars he took and did nothing but currently fvcking us up with two trashed M5's that will cost serious money to put back together. Hence how this guy has driven me to take my car to salvage condition. I drove in with a bum cylinder and leave with a bum/trashed entire car. Does RMS come to mind for anyone. We have a new scammer.

This will not stand. Wheels are turning for action. I am not without means for action and I'm pissed.
The entire forum motorsport world and our local community are all witness to the ASR/Abid fraud and scamming actions.

Ranger"

Attachments

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I'd like to see it happen. I think you would really need a standalone ECU to manage it properly though. I can't imagine a simple flash allowing the mss65 DME to run this in the most efficient manner.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Bad things happen when one is out of touch with what proper R&D testing, development and specialized tooling costs.

Case in point:

"The cars are out of there!!!! - M5's removed from ASR
Finally step 1 was accomplished. Yesterday M5Junky (Steve) and I got our M5's out of ASR.
After 2years of NOTHING but continual excuses and empty explanations and promises the cars are back in our hands. Sadly there cars are pathetic. My once beautiful M5 will now be relegated to junk category and have to at best sell as a salvage. Another insult at the hands of ASR.
After all this time there was NOTHING whatsoever substantive done, and I mean nothing.
Our cars are just a mess and nothing done. Correction, in the last 2 weeks the intake manifold was started to be worked on and the intercooler piping was supposed to be done! WOW, 2 years?
I won't go into details b/c for what purpose but suffice it to say the explanations were downright insulting. Were we thought to be that stupid? I know we surely played to role of absolute chumps thinking and believeing in a "friend".
This project never even got off the ground, yet right at the end there was a supposed scramble to get started, please.
Betrayal is a hard pill to swallow.

This is far far far from over. Wheels are turning at different levels and action will take place.
Steve and I are not willing to walk away from multi multi mutli thousands of dollars. Plus there's more but for later surprises.
I hate this but we were pushed to this point by ASR's behavior. There's so much more to say but truly serves no purpose. We were defrauded and all know this.

Eviscerated means parts were everywhere. The car was a hollow shell. Motor, tranny, drivetrain everything spread out all over. Yet nothing has been done regarding the "project". All disassembled but NOTHING done or developed.
There's so much to say. I could write for hours. I have never been lied to so much. Everything was a story, a lame excuse. Nothing but continual bullcrap, a lie a minute.
I think I see a future in politics here. Better scamming action in politics.
Can anyone acceptor believe that the clutch has been at the machine shop for 6 months?

Anyway do not want to say much more. Abid has royally fvcked Steve and I. Not only for the multi-thousands of dollars he took and did nothing but currently fvcking us up with two trashed M5's that will cost serious money to put back together. Hence how this guy has driven me to take my car to salvage condition. I drove in with a bum cylinder and leave with a bum/trashed entire car. Does RMS come to mind for anyone. We have a new scammer.

This will not stand. Wheels are turning for action. I am not without means for action and I'm pissed.
The entire forum motorsport world and our local community are all witness to the ASR/Abid fraud and scamming actions.

Ranger"
Yep old news and I was surprised Ranger stayed around as long as he did.

Reactions: Kazakh015
41 - 60 of 64 Posts