BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for parts new used to rebuild my passenger mirror. Problem I have: stop pin has wallowed out the motor fixture

·
Registered
6 Posts
My mirror got kicked by a motorcycle rider, I put it back together and it folds quite fine, but when coming back to position it keeps turnig and folds away to face frontward.. maybe it's missing that pin you said?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me know if you find this. I can't touch the mirror folding function, as it takes me 10 minutes to get it back to normal.

Most of the time they can be fixed, where do you live? I’ve had dozens of bimmer mirrors apart ours are some of the easiest. Problem with mine part of the plastic shim or trim that is inside broke off and tried to rip the stop pin out of the frame

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My mirror got kicked by a motorcycle rider, I put it back together and it folds quite fine, but when coming back to position it keeps turnig and folds away to face frontward.. maybe it's missing that pin you said?

Did the spring that holds the mirror together come apart?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Most of the time they can be fixed, where do you live? I’ve had dozens of bimmer mirrors apart ours are some of the easiest. Problem with mine part of the plastic shim or trim that is inside broke off and tried to rip the stop pin out of the frame
Detroit area. Is there a quick DIY somewhere to check the pins or whatever?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Detroit area. Is there a quick DIY somewhere to check the pins or whatever?

Google it. There’s 1 good video on you tube. And somewhere like 5series forums. It’s way easy once you have done one. Hard part is there is nothing available to fix problems once the mirror is off. The heavy duty clip that holds the main spring on is a tedious job, take your time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
sundaycruzers
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing