BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, now this sounds worse yet--my poor car--but I cracked my front fog light a while back and I want to replace it. I understand that you have to replace the whole assembly (?). Is this something easy to do? Where are you people getting the best prices on OEM parts these days?

Thank you!

Anita

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
anita, its not just a DIY job its a MY (or mandatory yourself) job...

to get the housing (comes with a new bulb in it as well) i would call around and see if anyone gives a CCA discount (you belong im sure). If no one locally around gives a discount

try contacting pacific bmw, as they seem to be the overall parts place and have some good prices.

After that..the fog light install as well as the housing replacement is easy

you need 2 hands (8+ fingers total) a 8mm socket or mini wrench (can be found in your tool kit in the trunk)

just pull the fog light ring off...then remove the screw that holds the housing in with the tool.

pull out the housing sliding it slightly to the longitudinal axis of the car to dislatch it from the tab holders. pull it out..disconnect the fog light from the connector and do everything backwards once you swap the housings

CRAZY EASY...

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Anita,

If you call Pacific BMW, make sure you use their "Internet Parts" line and not the "Retail Parts" telephone extension. The difference in price is huge.

I prefer Circle BMW, they are closer to us (cheaper and faster shipping), and are closer to our time (clock). Discounts are about the same as Pacific but does vary from part to part, so get quotes from both.

The foggys are easily fixed, just be careful that you don't rip your pants working down there! :byee55amg

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
The foggys are easily fixed, just be careful that you don't rip your pants working down there!
Uh, speaking from first-hand experience, Bill? hiha

·
Vendor
2,296 Posts
you may also ask to get the M3 Fog light as it's virtually identical if not completely identical. that might save you $1:)

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Need4Spd said:
Uh, speaking from first-hand experience, Bill? hiha
No, no, not me - Anita's been known to do that, though :hihihi:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much for the replacement advice/purchase tips--sounds like it actually might be fun to do even--I'm the kind that likes to put up new light fixtures in the house and put together unassembled furniture, stuff like that.

Now I'm going to have to kick anyone else's butt who makes fun of my ripped pants (or Bill's)--serves me right for confessing it to you people in the first place though. :hihi:

Anita

·
Vendor
2,296 Posts
Anita said:
Thanks so much for the replacement advice/purchase tips--sounds like it actually might be fun to do even--I'm the kind that likes to put up new light fixtures in the house and put together unassembled furniture, stuff like that.

Now I'm going to have to kick anyone else's butt who makes fun of my ripped pants (or Bill's)--serves me right for confessing it to you people in the first place though. :hihi:

Anita
[ advert ] you can also consider stongard on them at this time (we have it) and of course HID fogs at this time as well [ /advert ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts