BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, my girlfriend and I were having dinner with friends back from high school when I found out something I did not know about and now it's making me very anxious/nervous as I did not know about this.

I'm talking to the guy, who's an owner of an E36 M3, and he started talking about a flusk/flask capacitor that distributes oil to the suspension components on the car to keep them lubed and running correctly. I had never heard of this before.

He went on to tell me that are German-made cars have this, unlike other car makes.

He told me that the oil (and it can be regular oil, not synthetic) needs to be changed every 10-15K miles to keep everything running correctly and properly. I have had this car since 35K miles and now I'm at 53K and haven't touched this because I didn't know about.

Can anybody shine some light about this?

1) How often do you change it?

2) Is it hard to get to?

3) Will it impact the performance of the car as far as acceleration? I have noticed a bit of power loss lately and the suspension does seem a bit off. Could this affect how the car performs?

4) What kind of oil should I use? Any kind?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
I am not sure if I understand what you mean.

You are saying that there's a bottle somewhere, which is filled with some kind of oil, that has lines to the suspension parts in order to lubricate them?

I would eat a clog if such a system is on ANY car except lorries.

I think this guy is taking the p1ss

Reactions: Terabass

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
greg said:
It's the "Flux capacitor". Needs plutonium nitrate.
Any advice on how often it should be changed and if the guy's talking was worthwhile? Will it affect acceleration performance?

Thank you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
he's pulling your leg....the only car with a Flux Capacitor was a rare model of the De Lorean

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the mech said:
he's pulling your leg....the only car with a Flux Capacitor was a rare model of the De Lorean
The guy above me said "it's the flux capacitor and it needs nitrate", and now you're saying there's no such thing except on a rare car.

So, which is it?

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
T0RQUE said:
The guy above me said "it's the flux capacitor and it needs nitrate", and now you're saying there's no such thing except on a rare car.

So, which is it?
Are you serious mate?

Everybody knows this car, its owned by Marty McFly and it has seen all of the world, in many times as well..

To be honest, I think your M5 might have one as well...Its located next to the storage tank for the ignition sparks and the food for the goblins that turn your flywheel around.

Try RealOEM.com, search for "Tolkien Options" I am sure its in there somewhere..

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Gustav can we have this one in Best Threads please?

·
Registered
536 Posts
T0RQUE said:

So, which is it?
DMC Delorean.

From what I recall, it also needs regular gasoline in order to get to the 88 mph required for temporal displacement, and the stainless steel construction helps with flux dispersal.

:byebye:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The guy's going to get punched repeatedly for pulling my leg like that.

I can't believe I fell for it.

No, I haven't seen the movie, so I wasn't aware of such a thing.

Oh brother ... hiha

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
T0RQUE said:
The guy's going to get punched repeatedly for pulling my leg like that.

I can't believe I fell for it.

No, I haven't seen the movie, so I wasn't aware of such a thing.

Oh brother ... hiha
I think greg's thrown around the flux capacitor routine a couple times. You'd had to have seen the movie to know it's totally, totally BS to the 100th degree. You're the only one who fell for it.:biggrin: But that's OK. I got a good laugh out of it this beautiful morning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts