BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Florida Beast check please

3K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  E55AMG2 
#1 ·
Would anyone be interested in assisting a future fellow Beast owner out? :1zhelp: I'm contemplating an M5 out of the Florida area and would love some assistance.

Sounds like I may have found one that matches ALL of my criteria which is pretty damned tough! Immaculate, pristine, low mileage, and perfect (to me) color combo. :trophy_bronze: Since I've had three M5's be purchased from underneath me grrrrrrr I'm going to be secretive about this one so as not to tip anyone else off. If you would be so kind as to just do a visual inspection and possibly provide some high res photos I'd be in debt. :thumbsup:

Thank you in advance and boy I bet shipping is going to cost me a fortune from FL to WA!!! :eek:oohhh:

#4 ·
Would anyone be interested in assisting a future fellow Beast owner out? :1zhelp: I'm contemplating an M5 out of the Florida area and would love some assistance.

Sounds like I may have found one that matches ALL of my criteria which is pretty damned tough! Immaculate, pristine, low mileage, and perfect (to me) color combo. :trophy_bronze: Since I've had three M5's be purchased from underneath me grrrrrrr I'm going to be secretive about this one so as not to tip anyone else off. If you would be so kind as to just do a visual inspection and possibly provide some high res photos I'd be in debt. :thumbsup:

Secretive is OK, but Florida is a pretty big state. Care to narrow down the location just a little?:thumbsup:
Regards,
Jerry

#5 ·
alright, this is a nice thing to wake up to! Thanks!

I already did a CARFAX, but thank you Blaque M5.

The location in FL where it was registered is Saint Petersburg so who's closest to that? Once I find out who's best able to do this, I'll PM ya :)

#6 ·
Good grief, did I put too much info out again?! The seller has gone mysteriously silent on me and now I'm beginning to get worried and discouraged again. Pfft, didn't need to buy a car in this economy anyways...wait, is that considered a positive attitude for possibly missing out on my favorite color combo and mileage reqmt's?

#8 ·
Thanks Stika, but for some reason the seller has not contacted me. He said that he would by Sunday afternoon and it's past...I'm almost distraught too as this was really one I was excited about.

If anyone sees a low mileage 2003M5 up for sale, please let me know!

#11 ·
I'm in Tampa

Thanks Stika, but for some reason the seller has not contacted me. He said that he would by Sunday afternoon and it's past...I'm almost distraught too as this was really one I was excited about.

If anyone sees a low mileage 2003M5 up for sale, please let me know!
I'm in Tampa, about 30 miles away from St Pete. If the seller contacts you, let me know and I'll try and have a look for you. Funny how things work; I recently had a board member look at a car for me in WA. WA to FL shipping is about $1200 or so.

DAL

#10 ·
if I get lucky and he contacts me, where around that area is a good place to get a PPI? So far E55AMG2 is the closest!

p.s I work at Logitech so whoever does this I'll grant my 50% discount to family friends as a thank you :) Anything on the website and you just pay 50% + s/h + taxes if applicable. www.logitech.com

#15 ·
I don't care who does the inspection for me from here, I appreciate even anyone trying! The only thing I ask is this: if you were buying a brand new 2003 M5, what do you see/feel which is not showroom condition...that's the level of detail I'm hoping to get :)

#16 ·
I've reviewed the pictures that he sent and I have to say...this looks great so far!!! That's the first of many steps :)

Next on the list...

get the car inspected by a BMW member (internet friend)
get the car inspected by a BMW shop (this is called a pre-purchase inspection or PPI)
get the finances in order
send a holders fee (say $1,000)
get the transport company in place (covered and will take two weeks travel time)
get the car and start to giggle like a little boy

#22 · (Edited)
I decided to do a little homework on my end to feel more comfortable purchasing sight unseen:

I just got done doing a pre-check on the seller via the internet and then followed up with a phone call. I have zero worries purchasing this car site unseen for the following reasons:

*67yr old CEO/Part business owner of a medium sized medical company
*multiple patent owner
*this is his "third" car which rarely gets driven except for battery and oil temp, ie not his daily driver
*garage queen - always garaged
*getting inspected for PPI at the BMW dealership + oil change (even though it was changed 800mi ago/8mos)
*getting inspected by a fellow bmw forum member who lives nearby

Sooooooo, I think I'm in the clear!

By the way, take a look at the mileage on this baby!!!!!

Attachments

#26 ·
BAH! Don't curse me yet! It still needs to pass DAS's inspection as well as the BMW center PPI :) Watch, with my luck it'll puke out enough codes to lock up the reader lol :eek:oohhh: Just kidding, I'm not THAT pessimistic. Well maybe a bit :1zhelp:

#30 ·
I'm happy to report back that everything with the PPI and inspection turned out as I'd hoped. I am 100% committed to purchasing this car now!
As soon as funds are transferred, I'll schedule a transport (enclosed) from St Petersburg, FL to Vancouver, WA! I'm about to finally, for the first time, become an M-series owner! It's about time...sheesh.

#31 ·
Congrats Mitch...the waiting during transport will kill you but the joy when she arrives will be endless!

#32 ·
oof, still trying to get transport sorted out. I've got a quote from DAS, intercitylines transport (doesn't support my area), and waiting for horseless carriage to get back to me.

#33 ·
on a separate note, anyone want to estimate what this car should have sold for? Doesn't really matter because I got the exact color combo, owner reqmt's, and mileage reqmt's that I wanted so it's worth paying even more. Everyone here was right however, patience will reveal the perfect car for anyone searching.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.