BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have all season mats in my car.
but, nothing keeps them in place.

there are some circular pads where the mats should connect.

·
Registered
152 Posts
There should be a few plastic clips that were included wth the floormats that clip into the floorboard. I've attached a few pics of what I am refering to.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
May want to give Tischer a call. I did a quick search, but didn't see them as something that you can buy seperate from the mats.
getBMWparts.com

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I have the same all season rubber floor mats. I do not have them secured/hooked in place. Th drivers side floor mat does always tend to slide forward towards the pedals. I have the mounting equipment in the trunk but just havent done the "full install". So, the mounting hardware should have came with the rubber mats.

@PVUM5: What is the install procedure? Is it only the one anchor shown in your attached photo? Do you need to drill into the floorboard or what? Any downsides, and is it easy to connect/disconnect? I am assuming it puts a hole in the normal BMW/M5 branded floor mats?

I need to get this done myself as I'm tired of pulling the rubber mat back almost every other time I get into the car. I am sure that the dealer will do this for me very quickly and probably for free (or I can do it myself) but, I first want to know how invasive/pernament the install actually is to have the mats anchored in place.

Thanks in advance for the info and for clarifying...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Installing the anchors is very simple. The clip has a "T" on the bottom which locks into the floorboard of the vehicle. There should be locations for a total of 4 anchors in the front, 2 on the drivers side and 2 on the passenger side. To install push the "T" section through the holes in the floorboard (they should already be pre drilled) with the hook facing to either side of the car. Twist the anchor so that the tip of the hook faceing the rear of the car. The anchor should lock in place. No tools required.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Installing the anchors is very simple. The clip has a "T" on the bottom which locks into the floorboard of the vehicle. There should be locations for a total of 4 anchors in the front, 2 on the drivers side and 2 on the passenger side. To install push the "T" section through the holes in the floorboard (they should already be pre drilled) with the hook facing to either side of the car. Twist the anchor so that the tip of the hook faceing the rear of the car. The anchor should lock in place. No tools required.
Thanks a lot.. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Don't know the part number, but I ended calling up a dealer and asking for them and they gave them to me for free.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts