BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be an easy decision....but I am not bowled over by either, and my bumper's corners are lookin' raggedy.

Any other suggestions? RACING TAPE?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I like the DA the best out of those three options. I wonder if Bill could modify it so you like it better? At 1400 it is the best value possible.

I have seen a full bumper splitter on a M5 that looked really nice. To me, it would look better if the bumper looked a little lower in front via the splitter or some other method.

Murph said:
ALEV8 said:
....but I am not bowled over by either, .

QUOTE]

sounds like an easy decision to me.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Interesting options; duct tape, new OEM fascia, an alternate such as AC Schnitzer or Hamann flippers…… or albeit a self serving comment; the carbon fiber front spoiler from us…… www.Discovery-Automotive.com

All of the options shared have their place. The duct tape to get you home and to carry you through in a pinch, the new OEM fascia will maintain the OEM look however once in place it won’t seem like you have done anything to personalize your gal, the flippers provided by both AC Schnitzer and Hamann are a nice option, but there is no other carbon fiber front spoiler on the market that fits as nice, installs easier, and looks as stunning. Up close and personal it is much nicer than the pictures present.

Certainly any comments I share are subjective as will the decision you ultimately make.

Regardless, you are driving one of the finest sedans to every hit road.

Thank you for the kind words.

Enjoy

Shadowman

B

·
0 Posts
Clearly the Discovery Automotive front lip is well made and a beautiful piece. This would definitely be my first choice for my own M5. The main issues I have are with the high price and with the difficuly repairing it if it gets cracked from making contact with the curb or a parking block.

My ACS front splitters are solid as a rock, and just as heavy, and they show a lot of scratches on the underside, however, cracking is not an option with such a solid piece of plastic/resin.

An issue to consider with the ACS and Hamann front splitters, is that they need to be painted, so when everything is said and done, you are looking at almost $1K, within view of Discovery's item.

I would recommend going with Discovery's front lip in a heartbeat if you were comfortable with the potential issues I had mentioned.

Please note that e6 Design also sells a front lip made from CF, but it is a little bit bulky for my tastes.

Lots of interesting options to choose from, have fun.

Cheers, Daniel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts