BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst sitting in the rather dull traffic by Maidenhead Jn westbound about 5 different colour E60 M5s all passed me the other way (I guess heading for Bracknell BMW GB HQ)

Very nice!! I guess a Press Launch? I would not think any customer cars are being driven. All driving sensibly at 80, not lane 3 at 100!

Cheers

Sime lovelove

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I bet that made your day Sime :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ashok Arora said:
I bet that made your day Sime :)
It certainly did, as a saddo ex E39 M5 owner I know to look for the round wing mirrors as they approached (seen a few 530/535Ds all looking mean in Msport guise). As I was pootling along in the jam had enough time to catch the quad pipes from the rear. Some colours are not that flattering though and although the cars probably look great up close, they are a little subtle for my tastes. and AMG benz and RS6 all have that pumped up menace.

Even the M6 on the front page of Autocar today looks odd. Dont like the wheels either. They are pitching it against an 997 and for me the Beemer will be the better car but not a patch on the 997 for sheer desire and looks. Oh well. I have gone to an LE no 22/50 E34 M5 and its great. So much more raw than my E39. Hope the E60 captures some of that feeling nimbler and more direct. Jealous... - you bet! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts