BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a flat rear RA1. Should I use the flat-fixer thing, or does that stuff make it harder to repair the tire?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
SoCalJD,

Yes. But if you have your car at home, why not jack it up, take the rim off and run down the tire place?

Bob

·
Registered
162 Posts
If your talking about the goop mess,i wouldnt use it,it makes a huge mess inside the rim/tire.and when you get it fixed your going to want to get it patched on the inside,and the whole tire and wheel has to be cleaned out and can sometimes interfere with the patch/glue sticking.i wouldnt recommend plugging the tire either,that can damage the cords in the tire.

·
10,458 Posts
my tire shop will not repair a tire that has had tire goop in it.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SoCalJD,

Yes. But if you have your car at home, why not jack it up, take the rim off and run down the tire place?

Bob
>>>

I hurt my back. Wound up buying a cheapo air-compressor and filling the tire up and making it 4mi to the tire place. Dude asked if I wanted it plugged or patched. I said :"Whatever's better for high-speed cornering", and he plugged it. Gonna need new tires pretty soon anyway. Now I can't remember what people (Dan especially) recommended for AP in the RAI's...

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
air pressure in RA-1's.....

>>>

I hurt my back. Wound up buying a cheapo air-compressor and filling the tire up and making it 4mi to the tire place. Dude asked if I wanted it plugged or patched. I said :"Whatever's better for high-speed cornering", and he plugged it. Gonna need new tires pretty soon anyway. Now I can't remember what people (Dan especially) recommended for AP in the RAI's...
Cold pressure is best at 34fr - 36rear. There, they'll stay around ~39 - 40 when warmed; which is best for wear, noise, handling, and even wet roads.

BTW, 'thought your cords were showing?? And you were looking at different tires to replace?? How the hell could you go to anything else after having RA-1's!!??:hihi:

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cold pressure is best at 34fr - 36rear. There, they'll stay around ~39 - 40 when warmed; which is best for wear, noise, handling, and even wet roads.

BTW, 'thought your cords were showing?? And you were looking at different tires to replace?? How the hell could you go to anything else after having RA-1's!!??:hihi:
>>>

Not me. Mine are worn, but the cords aren't showing. I was *considering* switching to a longer lasting tire, but these have lasted surprisingly long. When did we do that group buy?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
RA-1 group buy.......

>>>

Not me. Mine are worn, but the cords aren't showing. I was *considering* switching to a longer lasting tire, but these have lasted surprisingly long. When did we do that group buy?
I wasn't involved, but I'm pretty sure you guys bought those tires a year ago (that's what gbogh3 (Gavin) told me in Vegas last weekend). How many miles do you have on them?? BTW, don't forget, when it comes to RA-1's, "Bald is Beautiful!!" They just keep getting better!!:)

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wasn't involved, but I'm pretty sure you guys bought those tires a year ago (that's what gbogh3 (Gavin) told me in Vegas last weekend). How many miles do you have on them?? BTW, don't forget, when it comes to RA-1's, "Bald is Beautiful!!" They just keep getting better!!:)
>>>

Not sure about miles. If it's been a year...12k? I've never tracked them, and we've only done...2(?) ralleys since I got them.

·
Registered
277 Posts
BTW, don't forget, when it comes to RA-1's, "Bald is Beautiful!!" They just keep getting better!!:)[/quote]

:biggrinbounce: +1. It would have been nice to have those at the you know where.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
OT: Btw JD meet the number two guy who owns a pair of Sebring exhaust like you:applause:
BTW, don't forget, when it comes to RA-1's, "Bald is Beautiful!!" They just keep getting better!!:)

:biggrinbounce: +1. It would have been nice to have those at the you know where.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OT: Btw JD meet the number two guy who owns a pair of Sebring exhaust like you:applause:

:biggrinbounce: +1. It would have been nice to have those at the you know where.
[/quote]>>>

No way!:eek:oohhh: Thought I was the only one.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTW, don't forget, when it comes to RA-1's, "Bald is Beautiful!!" They just keep getting better!!:)

:biggrinbounce: +1. It would have been nice to have those at the you know where.[/quote]<<<

Dude! You have Sebrings?? :thumbsup:THought I had the only M5 in the world with them. How do you like them? I took the resonators out, how bout you. If you haven't, and want to hear what they sound like, there's a short video around here somewhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts