BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had some free time this weekend so I decided to paint my wheels. I got the idea for using the Time Attack rings from John(M55555). Thanks! I wanted a more aggressive look. I'm getting them powdercoated soon. Here are a few pics.:cool2: What ya think?

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
IMO, I think they would look better glossy, to match the car. But the stripe looks good!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMO, I think they would look better glossy, to match the car. But the stripe looks good!
I am considering glossy also.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Yea I'd go with glossy, too. Semi-glossy if you dont want too much, but yea. Maybe the pictures came out too light but it would look great if it was a deeper black.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I'd go with glossy, too. Semi-glossy if you dont want too much, but yea. Maybe the pictures came out too light but it would look great if it was a deeper black.
Yea it was very bright outside. They are darker in person.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Nice! Looks mean! First picture is my fav. Looks like you did a careful job on the stripe. Did you have a hard time putting them on? The soapy water instructions did not work for me ;)

·
Registered
510 Posts
I tend to agree that a semi-gloss or something with a little deeper black shine to it might be even better - but great job and that stripe looks awesome!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice! Looks mean! First picture is my fav. Looks like you did a careful job on the stripe. Did you have a hard time putting them on? The soapy water instructions did not work for me ;)
Soapy water did not work lol. Also they were a little big for the OEM wheels. I had to cut about an inch off for them to fit.

·
Registered
934 Posts
That looks like it will eat small children for breakfast! :eek:

Very mean looking, and no worries cleaning up brake dust! :hihihi:

Nice.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I like them. I think I would agree that glossy would top it.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
that looks great, helps break up the monotomy of an all black wheel

I wonder how hard it would be to have a small section machined out, would be easy to paint it red after powdercoating black that way

·
Registered
167 Posts
I personally have never been a fan of black wheels, but would agree that a glossy look would help. It's very rare the car that looks good with black wheels - just my opinion. Too often around here I see the black wheel with redline, and too often it makes the car look "riced".

The photoshoot with lola thread though - wow, what a car. And I was at an autocross a few weeks back and there was a red e46 M3 with similar wheels, black with a redline and it looked pretty decent. Maybe it's the black on black I don't care for.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very nice.. very cool.. too MAFIA for me though.. lol... I would still go for the chrome ring with the black basel..

How about practicality? Will the finish withstand the sand street treatment? Any ideas?

·
Registered
190 Posts
HOT!!! I would leave it just the way it is. Maybe a coat of flat clear coat for protection, thats all. Red stripe sets it off too. Great job!

·
Registered
162 Posts
That looks great in my opinion,i love the flat black look looks sexy on that car.I did a set in flat black back in the day,couple coats of it,with 2 coats of clear wheel coating.Easiest wheels ever to maintain.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Yup, first thing I thought was I like the red ring but the black has to be glossy. They look like they haven't been cleaned in months...with layers of brake dust on them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the comments. When I get them powdercoated, I'm getting them done in either semi-gloss or matte.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts