BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I find it funny how all these companies are coming out of the wood work with this flashing tool. However, they all look the same in design. Props for creating there own sticker/label due? I bet the internals of the device is a single layer PCB with only a few SMD @ best. Sounds like something I figured out about a Boost Controller from Hondata that sells for $100.00. I found the EXACT same item listed at an online HALOWEEN store. I bought it for $13.xx shipped, hooked it up...worked EXACTLY the same. I sold a few for $50.00 buck, but lost interest in it. Maybe I should buy one, have my PCB Designers have a look at it and trace it out in PADS. I have enough resources at my disposal to even get create a "new" shell/case design..LOL

-cliffs: if it can be engineered, it can be reversed engineered.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Exactly! I have one MyGenius. It is amazing tool and comfortable (if you want to go the Dealer, simply switch to the original file in mins). I thought to make a GB, I did but later no one is interested so I dropped it. I will get them anyways to sell here in Canada.
Also I have heard they will drop the price of the device to low but the tuning service must be untouched. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
452 Posts
also there is another flashing tool but different (that does NOT require a PC) called FlashBooster but only there for Mercedes AMG, Audi and VW for the moment but the manufacturer told me they are developing for BMW inclusive M cars and will release them soon.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly! I have one MyGenius. It is amazing tool and comfortable (if you want to go the Dealer, simply switch to the original file in mins). I thought to make a GB, I did but later no one is interested so I dropped it. I will get them anyways to sell here in Canada.
Also I have heard they will drop the price of the device to low but the tuning service must be untouched. Just my opinion.
The benefit is not in question in this thread......it's the "clones" of said device. Now if they used different chips/smd/display...then ok. They have a "right", but to simply slap a label on a device and call it there's...I know I know, this is a VERY common practice. Just funny how there are threads o nthe same page in the GB section for the exact same device with different labels on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
l will buy one of fast.M5's 'new and improved' flash tools, it must be good/better lol!

Good point

Jay

·
Banned
444 Posts
LOL, Yes the dimsport MyGenious is just a tool like everything else. The only problem you would have would be to engineer or "borrow" the flashing protocols.

We have had the tool avaliable for a year now, and didn't feel like we needed to rebrand it.

For us, we offer the tool for cost with purchase of our tune.

The flashbooster is definately coming out and we are testing them now. Its another nice tool, and great to see other products in the market to allow people to flash their cars from home!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts