BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm dying to get a flamer kit for my M5. I just love the idea of having four big red flames light up as I blast past another slow old Merc. Anyone fitted one ? Got any ideas about where from? Drawbacks? Advantages? etc.

The best thing i've found so far was a propane powered one designed for a Ford Mustang. Never seen anything for BM's tho.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
....and yes i know there illegal.

·
Registered
136 Posts
man. i must admit.. i would love to see that happen. i'd be willing to be passed and get flamed.

but temporarily disable the ignition system so that unburnt fuel gets to the tips? guess it is safer than running lean.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I thought summit had a version with the fuel line and sparkplug.

Just the thought of seeing a M5 with flames out the back makes me think of "Back To The Future"
To heck with it, I'm driving to the 24hr PepBoys and buying a Flame sticker.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Because its not a Vauxhall Nova SR!

bayerischemotor said:
Maybe some large stickers to go with that? And why not neon lights under the car..:)
:cheers:

·
Banned
1,120 Posts
M5BHP said:
I'm dying to get a flamer kit for my M5. I just love the idea of having four big red flames light up as I blast past another slow old Merc. Anyone fitted one ? Got any ideas about where from? Drawbacks? Advantages? etc.

The best thing i've found so far was a propane powered one designed for a Ford Mustang. Never seen anything for BM's tho.
You have officially refused the right to own an E39 M5. Plz sell your car a.s.a.p.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you expect i'm 22!

Fart said:
You have officially refused the right to own an E39 M5. Plz sell your car a.s.a.p.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
MIB said:
You'd have to ditch your Cats. hmmm
I have Flames, ditch your cat put free flowing exhausts and At High RPMs Ka-Boom!!! Falmes from all 4 pipes...Looks nice and everybody gets shock when its happens...Some times smoke comes out of the exhausts...also your bumpers get more dirty and exhausts...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Get a rotary, dump some extra fuel (tune a little rich) and you shot flames every time you shift at high revs or just get of the gas. It is actually a funny story. When I just finished my single turbo set-up I took a spirited run late at night along some twisty mountain roads when I noticed some bad weather moving in right behind me. It was lighting continousely and the weather seemed to follow my path. Once I got out of the car at my destination I noticed the perfectly clear sky all around me......and my soiled rear bumper shortly there after.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts