BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after not being able to make a decision between a 996TT E60 m5 and a m6...i finally made my desision......A 645 hahahaha well i bought it cheap from the auction and plan on modding it a bit and then giving it to my wife taking her Range selling that and then once again look for a m5 m6 or a 996TT. So until then i will be here pestering you guys and drooling over your cars.

My question for you guys is that i keep hearing that you can find facelifted headlights cheap online, Matter of fact i have heard many member say that here and on bimmerfest, However i can not find any anywhere for cheap money. I would like to purchase a set of headlamps M6 mirrors side skirts rear bumper front bumper exhaust perhaps and wheels 20-22 3 piece HRE iForged DPE something along those lines. If anyone has any parts they would be interested in selling i am interested. I am located in Boston MA and willing to drive probably as far as NY to find a GREAT deal:thumbsup: Let me know My Name is Rob and my email is [email protected] Thanks in advanced

I am including a pic that i believe is a member here. I would like to take my car in a similar direction in terms of styling.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Rather that outfit your vehicle as an M6 pretender, why not just enjoy your 645, save your money, and get a real M6 when you can afford it?

Reactions: Mark Carson

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
My question for you guys is that i keep hearing that you can find facelifted headlights cheap online, Matter of fact i have heard many member say that here and on bimmerfest, However i can not find any anywhere for cheap money. I would like to purchase a set of headlamps M6 mirrors side skirts rear bumper front bumper exhaust...
Only a few LCI headlights have been listed on ebay, early headlights are much more common. Be aware that headlights between different years (and particular between LCI and non-LCI) may not be plug and play. I have not seen any cheap LCI headlights.

Watch ebay for body parts.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
The 645 is a great car. I had a 2005 645Ci for 3 years. It does not need to look like an M6.

If you want to mod it to make it a personalized 645, that's fine. Roundels (hood and trunk, wheel centers), after-market wheels, exhaust, etc. will customize it without making you a "poser".

On the other hand, if you want to pretend to have an M6 (with M6 body parts), you could complement it with a fake Rolex. (sorry, could not resist throwing that shot in)

Good luck - but don't give in to the dark side! Why drive a great car like a 645 and still end up looking like a fool?

·
Company Representative for Jlevi StreetWerks
1,005 Posts
Rob,

There are a number of exterior options that you can do to personalize the 645 without going the M6 route. I agree with the rest of the group that M6 parts should be reserved for an M6. But with a set of matte black grills, side gills, rear spoiler and some other exterior accessories, you can set it apart.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Doesn't make since to spend the cash to mod a 645 to look like an M6 when you can just buy the M6 with the money you spent to make the 645 look like one hahaha.

With that said...welcome :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a cat-back M6 exhaust off my 2,400 mile car sitting in my garage but I'm in Colorado.

·
Registered
933 Posts
were you planning to put the ///M6 badge on the trunk ?
Answer honestly

·
Registered
441 Posts
If he is, I will throw one in with my exhaust to get the deal done! hmmm

·
Registered
933 Posts
I also don't understand why buy a 645 for say 30k (im guessing it goes for approx that much?) and than go and spend 10-12k on it, when you can just have a stock M6 for the EXACT same price ?? Where is the logic???

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Ajax heard that an Elvis impersonator spent over $100,000 for his rhinestone sequined jumpsuit.

Reactions: wiggis

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not to put myself out there like this but i bought the car for 9,800.00 dollars. I am a licensed car dealer, and bought it from a insurance auction. I also get wholesale prices on parts. The front end parts need to be replaced any way due to the collision, why not go m6??

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Why not put a Rolex sticker on a Timex?

I'm glad that you got the car for a good price. Since it needs parts, either restore it as a 645/650 (which is a fine car) or else do an aftermarket body kit of your choice. But to dress it as an M6 is a dis-service to both your car (since it will get it's fake M6 butt handed to it by lots of other drivers who think they have vanquished an M6) and to real M6s.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
...The front end parts need to be replaced any way due to the collision, why not go m6??
The standard non-M spoilers on many BMW models seem "busy" with many lights and odd shaped openings. The standard 6 series spoiler is a typical offender :eek7:
Upgrading to an M6 spoiler makes sense :M5thumbs:

·
8,369 Posts
Hi. Welcome to our board.
Hope we are not sounding mean here. Its just that it doesnt make sense to us for someone to spend lots of money to make a car look like something it is not.

Like Mark Carson said, the 645 is a great car. Why make it look like an M6 and have people label the car as a poser?

I saw this guys M5(?) on Bavarian Auto.
He catually has a 528i.
Spent thousands of dollars on making his E39 528i look like an M5 (M5 wheels, M5 front and rear bumpers, M5 headlights, etc.)
Once he's all done, he could have saved all the money and bought a real E39 M5 and all the performance upgrade that the true M comes with.

http://www.bavauto.com/sc_photo_view.asp?viewid=116

Peace.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I guess you can figure out that we are anti-poser on the forum for the most part. If you have to replace parts anyway and have the cash do whatever you like. It is your car, just don't expect to reap any extra benefit if you sell from the upgrade(s). As a dealer I guess you already know that! Congrats on the great purchase price.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
To make an analogy, it's sorta like taking a community agitator, dressing him up in a $2500 suit, and passing him off as President. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but sooner or later, they find out the truth and the result is scorn.

Since you got the 645 so cheap, why not sell it at a profit, then buy an M6 wholesale at auction? Then you'll have the real deal.

--this is just Ajax's unbiased opinion, of course. Ajax provides the following limited warranty on his opinions: guaranteed 100% correct, or double the price paid will be cheerfully refunded.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts