BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

A few weeks ago water through my tail light gaskets and then soon after my audi began to get patchy and then completely off. The dsp logo on the screen disappeared so I assumed the amp failed and needed replacement. I have checked all fuses (i think all of them) and took out all the components from the trunk.

I got my hands on a used dsp amp and tried connecting it to the car yesterday. Still no sound. Did I connect it right? I was unsure the order of the 4 small coax cables.

Which cable goes to which component? (amp, radio, cd changer, and small box that was attahced to the back of the old amp.)

The radio appears to be on but no signal as when I "scan" channels, it just keeps on scanning. Still no sound.

Any input and help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Alex

·
Registered
592 Posts
I didn't have the same symptoms other than the radio not turning on with sound. I ended up putting a new radio module in and that solved my problem. Many people offered to sell me their old one for relatively cheap. Maybe throw another radio module in if you can borrow one or buy one used and see what that does for you? Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts