BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week marks the fifth anniversary of my first posting on this Board...thought I'd celebrate now as we're sneaking overseas for a wedding.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=315

A little frightening, actually...half a decade!!!! :confused3

I haven't been an M5 owner for a few years now, and am honestly "sort of" contemplating the E60. Both great cars!

Regardless, this is still one of the best (automotive) forums on the Internet. It's really been a pleasure. Met some great people both online and in the flesh.

Thank you Gustav, keep up the great work!

Any other old-timers lurking out there??

Cheers
Toma
(alpywhite)
:thumbsup:
:flag:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Congrats! Oh the fun times we have had on this board, thats for sure. I still remember when I won a free G-PRO speed device from MEnthusiast for guessing that he had dinner with George Lucas one evening.

I remember coming in 1st and 2nd place in the autocross in Spartanburg ahead of our mentor GREG, but I only learned it was him after he started sharing his love for photography with this board.

I remember many of our members posting their beasts status on the boat as it was in transit coming from Germany.

I remember when someone's clutch went out and the dealer said "thats the first one we've heard of". (Wait, that happened again just last week...) :)

I wish Gustav many more years of luck with this board as it all begins again with the arrival of the E60 M5.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
Wow! All this talk about the "good old days" is getting me sentimental! I still remember coming across this incredible board back in April 2001. Now I'm more than 7000+ posts wiser since then! Things really have changed on all counts for me! I've made so many good friends and connections in addition to learning a massive amount of information all because of this board! Kudos to Gustav for having brought us all together!

:thumbsup:

Here's to many more good years yet to come!

And here's my first post:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3690

How ironic that it was about comparing sports vs luxury seats. I didn't introduce myself like so many others did when they first come on here. :hihi:

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Oh yeah, it's been quite a ride! :M5launch:

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Congrats, Alpy! I'm glad there are still so many "old timers" here. I honestly don't remember what my first post was, because this board started with different software. When we switched, Gustav did manage to bring the "post count" over. In the <a href="http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2">first valid thread on this board, </a>of March 2000, I replied - and it shows my post count at 4,713!

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Correct greg, I switched to the first Forum based software in March 2000. Before it was only one forum for all M5. I think I remember that you were active there as well. That started in 1998.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Aussie2U said:
I remember many of our members posting their beasts status on the boat as it was in transit coming from Germany.
Guilty as charged :)

:cheers:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Toma,

It's great to hear that you are still around and doing well. (I'm just a few months behind you.) You may remember that we were at the same Driving Experience session way back in the spring of 2001 in Spartanburg and spent the day after driving into Georgia on the back roads in a rented Crown Victoria with my friend Eric. What a change after two days with BMWs including a day on the track!

I still have my Jet Black 2001 and although I love it I am being tempted by the new M5 and especially the M6.

I'm glad you have hung around all these years and I hope that we will meet up again some day.

- Joe

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
One more old timer checking in here :byebye:

This board is splendid :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Glad you guys a checking in, hopefully in five years I can say the same thing, I really find the board quite enjoyable, heres:cheers: to many more years of sharing, debating and car stuff, Josh

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wish I had found this forum 5 years ago. It would have made my life much easier with all of the useful information I keep finding. Well......I'm sure in another 5 years I'll still be using this forum. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats to all the oldies! The incredible depth of information on this site makes the whole concept of owning an M5 an easier and better experience! :byebye:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts