BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 model with the standard dash and I am just wondering how much work is involved in fitting a TV screen (the smaller one). Any ideas on how much it would cost - or am I best off leaving the dash alone? ??????

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apart from Kin - (who I know would really like me to go ahead with the work - cause he's selling the screen), does anybody have any ideas on this??

·
Registered
947 Posts
I am not 100% clear on what you are looking to do. If you wish to upgrade from your existing 4x3 display to the 16x9 display in MY2001+ M5's, you can go here http://www.bimmernav.com/page2.html or search this board for the keywords 16x9.

There are also plenty of entries on this board about adding TV capabilities to your M5. Just search for the keyword TV and I am sure you'll get plenty of hits. The bimmer.nav site also has some info on adding TV capabilities.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Osodog said:
I am not 100% clear on what you are looking to do. If you wish to upgrade from your existing 4x3 display to the 16x9 display in MY2001+ M5's, you can go here http://www.bimmernav.com/page2.html or search this board for the keywords 16x9.
Euro cars (at least early ones) did not have the Nav screen, but had the 540i type radio setup. It sounds like he is trying to upgrade to include the Nav screen and radio.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gsfent said:
Euro cars (at least early ones) did not have the Nav screen, but had the 540i type radio setup. It sounds like he is trying to upgrade to include the Nav screen and radio.
Regards,
Jerry
Thats spot on exactly what i'm trying to do. Upgrade from no screen to having a screen!!!! I'll try some of those routes to get some info. Thanking you........

·
Registered
204 Posts
Paul, in the next little while, I will be upgrading my 4:3 screen and radio to the full 16:9, so if you need a screen, lmk, mine will be for sale. Now as for how to do it with the stock business radio, I think check out the navtv website.

Good luck!

Phil...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts