BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I own a '01 silver M5 with NO sunroof.I have purchased a home link kit including panel on ebay and am awaiting delivery.Does anybody know if all M5's are pre wired for this extra?
Also,the car has a standard Buisness radio with tape deck and boot changer.If I purchase a BMW OEM 16.9 widescreen Nav head unit, will it be an easy upgrade?Is the car already pre wired?

I have the car about 7 mths now and it is the best car I have ever driven.The performance of any supercar with the praticality of a saloon car.

Hoping to use the forum more.

John
Ireland
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jaybee said:
Hi.
Does anybody know if all M5's are pre wired for this extra?
It should be.

Jaybee said:
Also,the car has a standard Buisness radio with tape deck and boot changer.If I purchase a BMW OEM 16.9 widescreen Nav head unit, will it be an easy upgrade?Is the car already pre wired?
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->
Check out bimmernav.com. IIRC, it's not plug and play. I believe you will have to do some wiring, buy a new radio and the DVD nav computer.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many Thanks Joe for your reply.

I posted this note nearly 2 weeks ago and since then I have found out a few things....It would be very exspensive to upgrade my audio system to nav,so to trade up could be a more practicle thing to do.Not many M5's for sale in Ireland and more to the point not many people to buy mine.The Home Link on the other hand should be a piece of cake to install,if I have to wire it direct,it's still not a big job.
I love my '01 and don't like the idea of trading up so it looks like I will not be able find my way home (no nav) but if I do at least I will be able to open the garage door (home link).

Once again thanks for the ONLY reply.

John.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only received the home link yesterday.I cut the headlining and sloted it in to place and might I say I think I made a good job of it.But there was no wiring loom anywhere,so I will have to run wires directly to the fusebox myself.That is tonights job.

John.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts