BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for a few days after I just bought my "new to me" 02 M5. It's great to see the passion for these cars and after driving one my first week all I can say is WOW.

I just came out of a 1994 honda accord w/ a whopping 4 cylinders.....lol. With a wife and 2 kids this is the perfect car for me and I'm having a blast driving it.

My car is a midnight blue (is there a special name for this color?) has 52K miles. The car has the original clutch and I feel I'll be in the market for a new one very soon. I think I got a great deal on the car .....paid 38K. CPO warr included.

Quick question: How do you program the automatic garage door opener button?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Welcome & Congrats on your Beast :cheers:

MINENCE is right, the Search Facility :typing: is superb, you can spend many hours reading owners views & opinions on almost everything to do with this superb car.

Happy M5ing & Happy Reading.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.

Color is carbon black. Sounds like you didn't get an Owner's Manual - you can download one from the Tips forum here.

·
Registered
291 Posts
mako said:
I've been lurking for a few days after I just bought my "new to me" 02 M5. It's great to see the passion for these cars and after driving one my first week all I can say is WOW.

I just came out of a 1994 honda accord w/ a whopping 4 cylinders.....lol. With a wife and 2 kids this is the perfect car for me and I'm having a blast driving it.

My car is a midnight blue (is there a special name for this color?) has 52K miles. The car has the original clutch and I feel I'll be in the market for a new one very soon. I think I got a great deal on the car .....paid 38K. CPO warr included.

Quick question: How do you program the automatic garage door opener button?? Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the board. You will now be addicted to the site since you got your car. That price is ridiculous, that's a steal for a 02. You are sure it is a 02 not 01 right ? Run the VIN just to be sure. But nontheless, it is a steal at at that price. Every 02 I saw in the last month was like $45K+.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I found the link to the owners manual....thanks! The search function should burn some serious hours of reading.

bimmer23: yes it is an 02 and I guess they sold it for a good price because of the miles and not knowing it was CPO'd.

:cheers:

·
Registered
48 Posts
congrats on the car...you got a killer deal there, i got my 02 in upper 40s(with less miles off course)...for the homelink button, me too having a problem assigning each of them...hope some experts in here will come up...anyone?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Yahoo!!! Congrats!!! :wroom: :flag: :cheers:

Its the greatest thing since sliced bread!!!! lovelove Anyway, you can also go to BMWUSA.com they have the manuels and a way to program the homelink. With the running codes on most garage door openers, you might also consider looking at the garage door manuel as well.

Happy driving!!! :flag: :wroom: :M5rev:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome aboard mako! :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.