BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, just picked my car up after the 1200 mile oil service and felt compelled to write and tell you how it feels to be able to open it up!!! This car is a completely different animal above six thousand revs. The power just seems to keep building. It is fast from the start, but whe the needle hits about 6200rpm you are just smacked with a wall of torque and thrown back in the seat. It's like hitting a nitrus button! I am amazed at how much more power there is...

I still can't use S6 as the dealer cocked up and forgot to order the gearbox oil :mad: so it has to go back in tomorrow. They told me this morning that the service would take an hour then, after sitting around for almost 90 minutes, the service manager came out and told me that it would actually take about three hours!! I went back to work and got a call in the afternoon telling me about the missing oil so I wasn't very happy (Can you believe they actually asked me if I wanted to leave it with them overnight?!?!?). However, driving away tonight and hitting the red line for the first time soon put the smile back on my face... :hihi:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Good thing you didn't leave it overnight - heard some horror stories about dealers using the vehicles themselves...

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zenith said:
Good thing you didn't leave it overnight - heard some horror stories about dealers using the vehicles themselves...
Not a risk I would like to take!! They are, however, one of the very few dealers in the country actually running a demo car so at least if they smashed mine I could have theirs... ;)

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spiroman said:
I'd love to know what happens when you bounce off the rev limiter.

Best regards,
All a bit of a blur, really, but it seems to just change up a gear...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Filthy Monkey said:
All a bit of a blur, really, but it seems to just change up a gear...
so it does it automatically? Hrm...

That aside, I still wouldn't want anyone driving my car around - I didn't pay $185k to let anyone drive it around.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You would agree to exchange your car for a demo? I would demand a new car if they crashed mine.

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
John P. Reyes said:
You would agree to exchange your car for a demo? I would demand a new car if they crashed mine.
Don't get me wrong, I would also expect a new car, but I would take great pleasure from kicking the a*se out of their demo in the meantime!! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts