BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When are we going to start seeing orders being placed in the US. I am 3rd on the list at a large dealer and have no sense of when I am going to be able to order.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Scott, My dealer here in Germany says US spec/pricing information will be available in June for Sept/Oct 05 production. I am fortunately in the military overseas program so will hopefully get my US spec in late Sept. I am sure it will take several weeks to get the cars to the states so plan on at least October 05 for the first production runs to show up.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heard anything on price?

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
warrenatc said:
Scott, My dealer here in Germany says US spec/pricing information will be available in June for Sept/Oct 05 production. I am fortunately in the military overseas program so will hopefully get my US spec in late Sept. I am sure it will take several weeks to get the cars to the states so plan on at least October 05 for the first production runs to show up.
Dang,when did they(Military) start paying so well(my Dad is a Sergant Major Ret.)?:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Unfortunatley nothing concrete. Due to a Canadian tax loophole, Military sales can offer the cars to us for 7-10% off MSRP. With that in mind my rep figures/hopes, for my sake, low to mid $70'sK. Without the discount, figure on low $80's MSRP. He said with current market conditions here in Europe, medium unemployment, high oil prices etc, BMW cannot afford to alienate customers by pricing the car to high even for the US market. There is a lot of competition out there for tight $$$ even as good as the M5 is. Bimmer magazine says that the BMW's bread and butter is made with the 3-series, Mini and surprsisingly X3 sales! As soon as I or other members get any information on US spec/pricing I am sure it will get posted, stay tuned!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well, the M5 is not for the faint of heart! it is definitely a "lifelong" purchase for me. The pay is not bad overseas, we make a whole lot extra to combat the high prices of gas, food rent etc, so we tend to take the extra and use it to travel or save for the purchase of a lifetime! It helps not being married and having no kids too! I am only one of three that I know of purchasing an M5 out of the whole overseas program covering 10 countries! Some people I work with (Married with kids) would not dream of spending the kind of money on a car. I guess they don''t appreciate the kind of car an M5 is. Only an enthusuast with drive for life can understand that. We are only here once, so go for the gusto! Bring on the rahmen noodles, its back to college living if I have to do it to have my M5!

·
Registered
331 Posts
stominovich said:
When are we going to start seeing orders being placed in the US. I am 3rd on the list at a large dealer and have no sense of when I am going to be able to order.

I am #1 on my dealer's list in NJ- Last week my dealer called to tell me that I will be able to order in July for a September production.

·
Registered
223 Posts
warrenatc said:
Unfortunatley nothing concrete. Due to a Canadian tax loophole, Military sales can offer the cars to us for 7-10% off MSRP. With that in mind my rep figures/hopes, for my sake, low to mid $70'sK. Without the discount, figure on low $80's MSRP.
:cheers: Wow, i certainly hope that you are correct on that pricing, but I seem to think that it's going to be more like in the mid-$80's with your discount and in the low to mid-$90's without. Don't get me wrong, i really hope for all us yankees that your information is correct.

Any chance you can order an extra one through the military sales program and i can come pick it up? :D

Thanks for working for us all over there!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Well, a Sept/Oct production would lead to Nov/Dec/Jan deliveries I would imagine.

As for pricing, my bet is low to mid 80s for starting price, fairly nicely equipped, with few options. The reason... the E55 starting price is $81,520.

·
Registered
15 Posts
definitely in the low to mid 80's standard. Again the m5 in the u.k and australia is cheaper then the E55. I dont know how that translates to the u.s. but it will be very close with the slushbox.:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
My e39 2003 began production on Sept 5, 2002 (After the entire Factory reopened after their annual August shut-down ... aka their Summer Vacation) and was completed on Sept 22, 2002. The car was shipped in the 1st week of October, 2002 and arrived at the port of entry in Oxnard, California on November 8th and I was delivered the car and handed the keys on November 12, 2002.

Hope this helps your time line.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Drezahl: No problem! Fortunatley I have only deployed once to the desert (Saudi in 02) for OEF. Feel bad when I am over at Landsthul and see the injured troops. Heart goes out to them, there doing the real duty over there. They would see Ramstein as vacation! I appreciate the thoughts! Will see next year if they allow us to have an extra car--I might have to put a deposit down on another one! Hoping the price stays reasonable other wise I will have to watch from the sidelines in my 545/550i as M5's streak by!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have 2 cousins in iraq right now. one in mosul and the other a marine at a disclosed location.
I might ask them for a favor when they get back..;) -daeguboy

·
Registered
76 Posts
warrenatc said:
Well, the M5 is not for the faint of heart! it is definitely a "lifelong" purchase for me. The pay is not bad overseas, we make a whole lot extra to combat the high prices of gas, food rent etc, so we tend to take the extra and use it to travel or save for the purchase of a lifetime! It helps not being married and having no kids too! I am only one of three that I know of purchasing an M5 out of the whole overseas program covering 10 countries! Some people I work with (Married with kids) would not dream of spending the kind of money on a car. I guess they don''t appreciate the kind of car an M5 is. Only an enthusuast with drive for life can understand that. We are only here once, so go for the gusto! Bring on the rahmen noodles, its back to college living if I have to do it to have my M5!
LOL - excellent. And, thank you for your service and sacrifice for your (our) country and free countries everywhere. As far as I'm concerned they can't pay you enough!

Mike

·
Registered
375 Posts
Mike, thanks for the kind words. BTW New Orleans is one of my most favorite cities, especially creole/cajun cooking! Look forward to coming down there when I get back to TX next year in my M5!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts