BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sport Auto has test driven the M6 by now and seems to be very impressed. Unfortunately, they give us no (self-tested) specification figures at all. The only really new information they give is that the SMG of the M6 (contrary to the M5) has no kick-down function, which shifts down the M5 automatically. The suspension of the M6 seems to be very stiff.

The 997S with sport package did the Nordschleife in 8.05 s.

Ulrich Bruhnke, manager of the BMW M GmbH, claims in Auto Bild test & tuning that the M6 is 10s faster than the M5 on the Nordschleife. That would be 8.03 s. We sall see!

Non of the M6s standing at the German dealers (400 cars) can be bought before May, says Auto Bild.

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
The M5 has no kick down function in S mode. It´s removed, as opposed to the press cars.

·
Registered
430 Posts
cidair said:
The M5 has no kick down function in S mode. It´s removed, as opposed to the press cars.
according to the manual, it has a kickdown function! It can be activated by pressing the accellerator over the klickpoint. we tried it in 6th @ 2000 upm and it swapped 3 gears.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Spoke to the dealer yesterday. We are on the list for the M5 and the M6, but we will get the M6 before the M5. So my dad has cancelled his order for the M5, and will just take the M6. I get to drive the M6 down to the coast for him though :15::M5rev: Albeit carefully and never going over 5500 rpm :wroom::nono:

The 645Ci will be staying though.... Anyone have word on a supercharger kit for the 645Ci? Just kidding. I'll propably sell it, as I get pulled over by cops CONSTANTLY.

·
Registered
943 Posts
max_m5 said:
according to the manual, it has a kickdown function! It can be activated by pressing the accellerator over the klickpoint. we tried it in 6th @ 2000 upm and it swapped 3 gears.
Are you sure you were in S mode?????

In D mode you have a kickdown function, as in all automatics!

·
Registered
675 Posts
hmm hard ride...autocar mentioned this as well.Could be a concern as autocar reckoned the 997s rode better,and having driven the 997s I was unimpressed by its ride (though that is in conflict with most of themotoring press..maybe i drove a duff one ?)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts