BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
advert in the sunday times for an M6 for October delivery....£100,000 a nice profit of £20,000 .So if you don't like it when you get it ,you could make a few pennies.

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Funny you should mention that... I can't decide whether to take my M6 or not as I don't really see it holding value in the way that the M5 will. My M5 is coming in about 5 weeks and I expect it to hold list for about the first six months, but I see a £5 - £10k hit on the M6 the minute I leave the showroom with it... Thoughts, anybody?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Filthy Monkey said:
Funny you should mention that... I can't decide whether to take my M6 or not as I don't really see it holding value in the way that the M5 will. My M5 is coming in about 5 weeks and I expect it to hold list for about the first six months, but I see a £5 - £10k hit on the M6 the minute I leave the showroom with it... Thoughts, anybody?
I am not sure why you think that. Could you expand on your thoughts a bit? Quantities produced of the M5 will be greater than the M6, so it won't be as exclusive. If anything, I might think the M6 would hold value just as well, if not better.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Filthy Monkey said:
I disagree. I think (along with many I have spoken with), that it is the E63 M6 coupe will hold its value best.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I think the M5 apeals to more people then the M6, so I agree I think the M5 will hold its value better, but who knows I could certianly be wrong, Josh

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some guy wanted to bet me they would lose £20,000 in their first year.I cannot see this due to the limited availability,they are sold out fro at least 2 years I thought ?

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
MaxTimeOff said:
I am not sure why you think that. Could you expand on your thoughts a bit? Quantities produced of the M5 will be greater than the M6, so it won't be as exclusive. If anything, I might think the M6 would hold value just as well, if not better.
My main thought behind this is simply that the M6 does not offer much different from the M5, other than less room and (uncomfirmed) slightly sharper handling yet is being sold for almost £20,000 more. The M5 will definitely appeal to more buyers and will, therefore, be a more popular car. I have spoken to a few dealers about this and all have confirmed that their M6 waiting list is only about half the length of their M5 waiting list.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Filthy Monkey said:
My main thought behind this is simply that the M6 does not offer much different from the M5, other than less room and (uncomfirmed) slightly sharper handling yet is being sold for almost £20,000 more. The M5 will definitely appeal to more buyers and will, therefore, be a more popular car. I have spoken to a few dealers about this and all have confirmed that their M6 waiting list is only about half the length of their M5 waiting list.
I think you are correct that the M5 will have more buyers, but it will have higher production quantities as well which will be the supply/demand equalizer.

I wonder what the production quantities will be on the M5 & M6. Does anyone know?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts