BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally, the first M5 arrived to Denmark, just a few pics to show you the M5 on danish reg. plates :1:

Spotted at the dealer, it was a press car, my dad had a ride in it (he loved it :blabla: ), anyways they only had it today, dont know where they were gonna put it...

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bingocaller said:
Whoot !

As that at "Terminalen" in Glostrup?

Saw a 545 with 19" Alpinas today in Copenhagen with Individual color lovelove Orinoco Metallic
Frankly I was not with him, and i'm not sure about where it was, as I was more excited about the car itself hiha

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bingocaller said:
Ok, i have no idea about whats going on now... ??????

My dad was out driving the car for the second time (exact same license plate) this friday. And he has been told more than once that it is owned by BMW Denmark. I can't believe they've sold it to "Ejvind Nielsen"... Anyways, it's a demo car and it does NOT have head-up display, it's of none interest :D . Also, it has drivin around 15000 km..

Doing some research at the moment about how to get it 200.000 DKR cheaper... Secret information :hihihi:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Gustav said:
Wow, for a M5 in Denmark you could almost buy an SL-R in Sweden. Huge taxes :(
Well isn't that why:

1. People in Denmark buy their cars in Germany (or Sweden?)

2. People in Sweden can buy cars cheap in Denmark, due to that the high tax minimize the car dealers marginal added, and as Swedes they don't pay Danish tax?

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I like the colour, thank you for the pic :)

adam

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
raceme said:
Well isn't that why:

1. People in Denmark buy their cars in Germany (or Sweden?)

2. People in Sweden can buy cars cheap in Denmark, due to that the high tax minimize the car dealers marginal added, and as Swedes they don't pay Danish tax?
The only reason why Danish people would buy cars in sweden is that they dont have very many luxury cars in denmark (i.e. we only get a total of 10 m5s..). Even if you buy a car in sweden you still have to pay the danish 180% taxes... Which makes a used car totally impossible to export, cuz you can't regain the taxes you pay. For an example a BMW M5 which is well equipted costs £175,000 in Denmark... No matter if you buy it in sweden or denmark, you pay for the danish license plate :sad3:

And if you do not register your car in Denmark, then you may not drive it in Denmark at all! Only in other european contries... That is if you are a danish inhabiter...

·
Registered
89 Posts
MortenDK said:
The only reason why Danish people would buy cars in sweden is that they dont have very many luxury cars in denmark (i.e. we only get a total of 10 m5s..). Even if you buy a car in sweden you still have to pay the danish 180% taxes... Which makes a used car totally impossible to export, cuz you can't regain the taxes you pay. For an example a BMW M5 which is well equipted costs £175,000 in Denmark... No matter if you buy it in sweden or denmark, you pay for the danish license plate :sad3:

And if you do not register your car in Denmark, then you may not drive it in Denmark at all! Only in other european contries... That is if you are a danish inhabiter...
Isn't there any way around this?, regarding the three freedomes (or whatever) of the EU, products, services etc...

Can't you lease cars from Sweden?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update: First offer from dealer, looking good :hihihi:

We are out to see the M5 in sepang bronze as they are taking delivery of one soon, then my dad will be able to decide if he wants Silverstone II or Sepang Bronze :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts