BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We were at the nurburgring for three days, and did a lot of laps in the m5. I think around 35.

What can i say other than it was totally amazing, a completely new level to the e39.

It is so fast, and the response from the engine is razor sharp. The suspension when set on the hardest setting is superb, there was very little body roll.

The continental sport contact 2's were really sticky and gave a lot of confidence. The m traction control let the car break away for a little bit then would reign everything back in before things got too hairy.

Ill post some pics later when i have uploaded them, but other than that really impressed. This is where the e60 m5 belongs, on the nurburgring.

all the best
adam

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Sounds truly great Adam - looking forward to the pics. By the way, the Ruf Autobahn pics are so good they should be in their brochure :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ashok Arora said:
Sounds truly great Adam - looking forward to the pics. By the way, the Ruf Autobahn pics are so good they should be in their brochure :thumbsup:
Thanks buddy, i think if you are doing a euro delivery then you should stop by the ring, the car is just so capable.

Also there is a bmw dealer nearby who can do the break in oil change for you also.

a

·
Registered
90 Posts
Adam said:
Thanks buddy, i think if you are doing a euro delivery then you should stop by the ring, the car is just so capable.

Also there is a bmw dealer nearby who can do the break in oil change for you also.

a
Mate,

The taxi ride was indeed very impressive, thanks for that. Although I still say: you need a louder exhaust ;)

Later in the day though the Ring Taxi blew its guts at Kallenhard (not Sabine), so it wasn't all sun shine for E60s at the Ring.

Niek

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah yes i heard about that...not good.

Glad you liked the taxi ride, however not quite as quick as the ring taxi!

·
Registered
90 Posts
e46m3 said:
What happened?
No clue. But it was a pretty big problem, as the oil spill lasted from Kallenhard all the way down to Breidsheid. For non-nurburgring people, that is about 2KMs. It had to be towed off, and the marshalls talked about the engine just going bang in a big way.

Niek

·
Registered
943 Posts
Maybe they had an " old spec " oil pump :confused:

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These pictures were taken by my friend Jochem:

Hope you enjoy:
(this is of my mum driving by the way, and she was taking fuchsroe at 190kmh :M5launch: )

and also of my baby!

all the best
adam

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
What a bunch of petrolheads your family is - fantastic!

By the way, the Ring Taxi did break down but it wasn't Sabine driving. I hope there is no inherent problem in the new M5 which causes the engine to explode (as happened to Clarkson et. al.). There is a little more info tobe gleamed from Ben Lovejoy's latest report here:

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/trip_reports/trip41/index.html

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes it is a bit worrying, but we will have to wait and see.

a

·
Registered
546 Posts
Wow! really nice pics...soooo cool that your mother drives the M5 around the ring!
How many km does your M5 have so far?

Oh...and how were the brakes? :confused2

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
So Adam, does mom give you a run for your money around the ring? :haha:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Adam

Really nice pictures of the M5 on "attack mode". You are sooooo lucky to use such a great car on a great track.

More pics if you have any of the black M5 please !

Cheers
360bhp

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Terk said:
So Adam, does mom give you a run for your money around the ring? :haha:
Shes got a very heavy right foot, shes not as quick as me(yet)

Thanks guys, for the nice words, i will check on the net, there are loads of prof. photographers around who take some cracking pics.

all the best
adam

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Adam

I was also at the ring, driving the chipped 535d Sport. I knocked on the window and spoke to you briefly on Saturday morning :byee55amg

I popped down to Bergwerk and took some pics - here's one I took of your car:

This was my car:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts