BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought that I would share some thoughts with you all after getting the car a few weeks ago.... :3:

Scared me the first week with the mpg showing less than 10 :eek: then realised after reading the hefty manual that the computer was showing in US gallons! Changed it over to UK gallons and its showing a respectful 15 with a mixture of town and motorway driving - happy with the knowledge that it will get better and that its on a par with the E39 M5.

Really frustrating to try and keep the car within its running in limits, knowing that it can do so much more! Booked in next week for the 1200 service so look forward to driving away in another car with all that 507hp to play with!

I have driven SMG cars before and think this latest version is very smooth and just love those blips of the throttle going down the gears! Auto is smooth but if your stopping quickly, I dont like the way the gears clunk down, its as if they cant catch up with the speed of the car slowing.

Love the HUD and Logic 7. It doesnt feel fast BUT I know it is, just have to be careful to keep it under those limits :rolleyes:

Fitted a mesh grill from www.racemeshgrilles.com and I prefer it to the standard OEM part. Really nice quality and a doddle to fit and not that expensive either. I had the piano black interior trim fitted but when i saw it was just too dark inside so back went the aluminium which is fine and contrasts well with the black

So far, there is nothing I dislike about this car. I could be very very picky about little things but I am thinking hard what they could be. I like the looks rather than love them but it certainly comes across as a very powerful understated car which I like.

For those waiting for their cars, I hope you enjoy it as much as I am :byee55amg

Attachments

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Nice report - thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to seeing the racemesh grille in person :byee55amg

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm planning on fitting the same lower grill on mine when it arrives. Was it an easy "do it yourself" fit job ? Is your Race Mesh Grille the regular Stainless Steel or the Polished Stainless Steel?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AbruzziBoy said:
I'm planning on fitting the same lower grill on mine when it arrives. Was it an easy "do it yourself" fit job ? Is your Race Mesh Grille the regular Stainless Steel or the Polished Stainless Steel?
Regular stainless steel and very easy to fit for a DIY novice like me! The origional OEM is not removed and the mesh is secured over it. I just like the more racier look.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nipper said:
... I had the piano black interior trim fitted but when i saw it was just too dark inside so back went the aluminium which is fine and contrasts well with the black...
I agree - I saw a 545 Individual with black leather and piano black trim just before I finalised my interior colour. It's really really dark with that combo and no contrast.

How were you able to change back to aluminium? Was the dealer able to remove the Piano black bits on the dash and the doors?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sydl said:
I agree - I saw a 545 Individual with black leather and piano black trim just before I finalised my interior colour. It's really really dark with that combo and no contrast.

How were you able to change back to aluminium? Was the dealer able to remove the Piano black bits on the dash and the doors?
Yes, its quite easy to change over apart from the trim around the centre console. It needs the seats removed to do it though which takes time.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Very nice. I think the mesh grill makes it look mean. FYI less than 10 miles per gallon US is STILL scary.
Philippe

Nipper said:
Thought that I would share some thoughts with you all after getting the car a few weeks ago.... :3:

Scared me the first week with the mpg showing less than 10 :eek: then realised after reading the hefty manual that the computer was showing in US gallons! Changed it over to UK gallons and its showing a respectful 15 with a mixture of town and motorway driving - happy with the knowledge that it will get better and that its on a par with the E39 M5.

Really frustrating to try and keep the car within its running in limits, knowing that it can do so much more! Booked in next week for the 1200 service so look forward to driving away in another car with all that 507hp to play with!

I have driven SMG cars before and think this latest version is very smooth and just love those blips of the throttle going down the gears! Auto is smooth but if your stopping quickly, I dont like the way the gears clunk down, its as if they cant catch up with the speed of the car slowing.

Love the HUD and Logic 7. It doesnt feel fast BUT I know it is, just have to be careful to keep it under those limits :rolleyes:

Fitted a mesh grill from www.racemeshgrilles.com and I prefer it to the standard OEM part. Really nice quality and a doddle to fit and not that expensive either. I had the piano black interior trim fitted but when i saw it was just too dark inside so back went the aluminium which is fine and contrasts well with the black

So far, there is nothing I dislike about this car. I could be very very picky about little things but I am thinking hard what they could be. I like the looks rather than love them but it certainly comes across as a very powerful understated car which I like.

For those waiting for their cars, I hope you enjoy it as much as I am :byee55amg

·
Registered
839 Posts
Mesh grille looks sweet! I think that might be my first aftermarket item.

Nipper said:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts