BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
Re: *used* BMW M5 E60 cars???

If you read the german text it turns out the ads are for cars confirmed to be delivered in mid-March 2005. Guess that means we can expect the first customer deliveries then.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Used BMW M5 E60 cars on mobile!!!!!?

Hmm, apparently they dont have the cars, hmf >_<

Just got this translated:

Characteristics: Delivery time approx. 24 weeks! For the Möllbra one that is.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for editing kees :byebye:

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
stanm said:
What would be involved in buying a car from them and bringing it to the USA ?
Nearly impossible - if you are willing to spend major $$ you should contact one of the specialized grey-import companies in the US.

If you just want to be the first one on the block with an E60 M5, you could potentially leave it on European plates and drive it like that for 6-12 months. It would have to leave the US after that.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
kees said:
Nearly impossible - if you are willing to spend major $$ you should contact one of the specialized grey-import companies in the US.

If you just want to be the first one on the block with an E60 M5, you could potentially leave it on European plates and drive it like that for 6-12 months. It would have to leave the US after that.
Can't leave the euro plates on a car for any time. Police will pull you over. I know of no state that allows unregistered cars to drive on their roads. You can bring a car into the US that you own or have "on order" when you arrive into the US for up to 1 year for personal use, but it can never be sold here without meeting US requirements.

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
Digi said:
Can't leave the euro plates on a car for any time. Police will pull you over. I know of no state that allows unregistered cars to drive on their roads. You can bring a car into the US that you own or have "on order" when you arrive into the US for up to 1 year for personal use, but it can never be sold here without meeting US requirements.
As I see it that's the only loophole to be able to drive a new E60 M5 immediately without the hassle of many months of EPA/DOT paperwork. Obviously it will only work if you can somehow convince police officers that you have lived abroad for a while.

·
Registered
383 Posts
In Europe there is no issue as long as you can prove the car is registered somewhere. I was seriously thinking about getting a Middle East registered car to use in the UK and Europe. There is no automated camera system in Europe that could read the plate for a conviction.

And think of the fun road trip taking it back once or twice a year :wroom:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts