BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you in the snowy sections of the country...

It has been a very snow filled winter in Boston this year, and today was finally the day. First drive of the season; removing the battery tender, starting it up, hearing the rumble in the garage, pulling it out and driving again. Rejuvenating the experience of the perfect handling, smelling the beautiful caramel leather, running your hand across the perfectly stitched leather dash. Once the temperatures are up and normal, the first acceleration, the first turn, the first on ramp....

Yeah, I remember why I love this car. :trophy_bronze:

For those of you in sunny and warm states, you are missing out! :blink:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Great story! I haven't driven mine this year yet...:sad1:

Reactions: 155plus

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great story! I haven't driven mine this year yet...:sad1:
Thank you!
Soon your time is here as well.

BTW - obviously LMB/caramel is my favorite color combo, but I saw your combo once as well and found it stunning. The deep red and the caramel goes very well together - it's a great combo - and very unusual and hard to find. Congrats on finding yours!

Reactions: MikeyMike

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I have been out of town for 4 days and am returning home tomorrow.

Left her on the battery tender and although it has just been a week since I drove it, I am looking forward to exactly what you described. That rumble from the cold start in the garage, the smell of the suede headliner, the creep out of the garage and slow drive in the neighborhood and finally the first couple of accelerations once she is all warmed up.

How can a 10 year old and 2 generations older car be this exciting and satisfying to drive?

Reactions: 155plus

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did it feel like the very first time :) :) :)

Haha yeah I know, im funny.
No - the first time I was intimidated and scared of the potential for catastrophic failure. Now I can enjoy the journey......

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How can a 10 year old and 2 generations older car be this exciting and satisfying to drive?
I think the answer is in that the F10 is designed to feel like the E39, not the E60....

·
Registered
967 Posts
Congrats. Kinda know the feeling -- don't drive the M3 much in winter, although there is almost always a day every 10 days or so here in DC area when I can take her out.

The 530 sport is the workhorse, so I also know E39 satisfaction!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats. Kinda know the feeling -- don't drive the M3 much in winter, although there is almost always a day every 10 days or so here in DC area when I can take her out.

The 530 sport is the workhorse, so I also know E39 satisfaction!
Hey -what does G2'd calipers mean?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Hey -what does G2'd calipers mean?
Just a head resistant paint, so my calipers are glossy black, and not regulation BMW ugly. :haha:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Thank you!
Soon your time is here as well.

BTW - obviously LMB/caramel is my favorite color combo, but I saw your combo once as well and found it stunning. The deep red and the caramel goes very well together - it's a great combo - and very unusual and hard to find. Congrats on finding yours!
I try not to drive it in the rain (rain = getting dirty = washing car lol) and I live in Seattle. Go figure... :eek:

Thanks for the compliment! I wasn't sold on the exterior color until I saw it in person. The crazy thing is I get nothing but compliments from other BMW guys!

·
Registered
707 Posts
I also went out for a ride today. The acceleration at the traffic light feels so great and the cars in the mirror stay so far back. :biggrinbounce:
Though I took it out last w/e, too. :D

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also went out for a ride today. The acceleration at the traffic light feels so great and the cars in the mirror stay so far back. :biggrinbounce:
Though I took it out last w/e, too. :D
It's contagious....
Good thing we all have the antidote sitting in the garage ready to go!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts