BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to getting the first oil change and ultimately the first Blackstone report done on my 07 M6. I bought the car without any service records so it's unknown what has and hasn't been done to the car outside of BMW or what's been reported to CarFax by other shops.

So, I now have the report along with the comments from the lab saying everything looks great however I need some of the M5/6 experienced people here to look at this and tell me what I'm looking at.

·
Registered
682 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Without knowing the mileage on this oil, I'd say its a great first report, but again, trends are what you looking for.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Cu and Pb look to be nice and low, so at the very least the rod bearings have not worn in his oil cycle. I had a similar result in my report.

As other have said though, it is difficult to draw hard and fast conclusions from a single test, and not known the mileage of this oil cycle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, unfortunately I have no way of knowing how many miles on the oil beyond the 2000 I've put on it since purchasing it. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed and at the rate of miles I put on it do a proper oil change in 2-3 years and check it again.

·
Registered
87 Posts
2-3 years? That seems a bit for a stretch time wise. I would not go beyond 3000 miles, especially with infrequent driving (my target mileage is 3-4000 miles per annum)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Beniki
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing