BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 M5 rides nicely, but I'd like a somewhat firmer ride with less lean on hard cornering. I asked the high-end European repair guy in town about the Bilstein coil-over package. He told me the ride is adjustable: "Harsh...and harsher." I don't want a harsh ride, just a firmer ride. Anyone here have experience with the Bilstein package? Other suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think your shop is refering to Bilstein PSS9.
From what I read, they are really good.
They are height and damping adjustable. Your ride shouldn't be harsh if you adjust the damping to the soft setting.

The other coilovers that have good reviews in this board are Ground Control and BC Racing.
You might want to search on them.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
My 2000 M5 rides nicely, but I'd like a somewhat firmer ride with less lean on hard cornering. I asked the high-end European repair guy in town about the Bilstein coil-over package. He told me the ride is adjustable: "Harsh...and harsher." I don't want a harsh ride, just a firmer ride. Anyone here have experience with the Bilstein package? Other suggestions? Thanks!
You may just need new shocks if they are original. Mine are shot at 112k miles and I just received a set of Koni Sports and B&G springs to fix it up. There are several coil over choices if you have the stock staggered wheels, less if rears on front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts