BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been a long time since I last posted my updates. I figured I owe it to some of the long timers to post up considering I got so much of my info on here from back in the day. Also just very proud of the car and how far its come.

This build has been a culmination of 6 years of hard work and grafting. In the early days only being able to dream about the spec list I'm about to share below makes this all the more sweeter. I can safely say the build is complete and there's not a single thing more I could add to it to make it better in my view. Its reliable, its updated, its rare and it ticks all my boxes. You can probably tell I'm really enjoying it.

In addition to everything I've done to make the car more reliable than ever, by replacing almost every part imaginable and regular maintenance, here is a full mod list:

• Respray to factory colour
  • Supercharged ESS VT2-650
  • Devils own Meth injected
  • CIC conversion
  • BMW performance seats retrimmed
  • Rear seats and headrests retrimmed
  • OEM BMW fire extinguisher + M4 GTS bracket
  • IPE valvetronic exhaust
  • KW V3 coilovers
  • Fully Decatted
  • Digital Data display + custom 3D printed RHD vent
  • Brembo BBK 400mm front
  • Brembo 380mm rear
  • 20" 2pc Split Forged Wheels + MPS4S
  • Leather dashboard retrofit
  • Leather door cards retrofit
  • Alcantara roofliner, pillars and parcel shelf retrofit
  • Alcantara steering wheel w/dark red strip & stitch
  • Contour / Competion hood/bonnet
  • LCI rear lights
  • LCI front indicators/turn signals
  • Carbon diffuser/splitter/side skirts
  • AC Schnitzer rep rear spoiler
  • PPF'd carbon roof
  • Wheel stud kit

I tried hard to remember all my mods but I'm sure there's a couple I may have forgotten. I mostly hang around on IG @that.M6

Anyways if you got this far then thanks for reading!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
View attachment 955114 View attachment 955115 View attachment 955116 View attachment 955117 View attachment 955118 View attachment 955119 View attachment 955121 View attachment 955122 View attachment 955123

Attachments

Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
Barechested Happy Gesture Chest Fun

Registered
Very nice - I shudder to think what the total bill ended up at after you sourced everything, but congrats on putting it the way you wanted.

Curious about the exhaust tips: did you extend them purposely because of the carbon trim or no real reason, just the way they are?

How's the blower/meth combo? Problem free? Does it change the character of the S85?

Cheers!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice - I shudder to think what the total bill ended up at after you sourced everything, but congrats on putting it the way you wanted.

Curious about the exhaust tips: did you extend them purposely because of the carbon trim or no real reason, just the way they are?

How's the blower/meth combo? Problem free? Does it change the character of the S85?

Cheers!
Yeah it owes me ALOT because over the years I've had 7 sets of wheels (not all custom/some have been reps) air ride, maintenance which is still the most costly but I've purposely not held back on maintenence.

Ipe doesn't stick out like that but in order to get the look I wanted and ensure the gas flows out past the bumper I bought 4" universal extenders off ebay and clamped them on to active the desired look. From factory though IPE does give you some adjustability.

Registered
Looks incredible! Reminds me I still have a long way to go with my E60. Did you manage to solve your exhaust/fumes issue?

Reactions: Awbimmer

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks incredible! Reminds me I still have a long way to go with my E60. Did you manage to solve your exhaust/fumes issue?
Thank you.

Yep. There's no leak. Never has been. I just never had the air on recirc. Now I could be sat in the car idling I traffic but as long as the windows are up and air is on recir we are fine. No untoward fumes or smell. If windows are down and wind blows in my direction direction a different story.

Registered
Thank you.

Yep. There's no leak. Never has been. I just never had the air on recirc. Now I could be sat in the car idling I traffic but as long as the windows are up and air is on recir we are fine. No untoward fumes or smell. If windows are down and wind blows in my direction direction a different story.

what kind of headers are you running?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
is the front BBK custom made?

wheel/caliper color go well with Indianapolis red
Thank you. Yeah it is.

F10 m5 calipers
Custom adaptors
400mm 2 piece floating M2 Comp discs
Paid rsl29 pads

Some custom machine work was required inside the calipers calipers allow the 400mm discs to be fitted up but from a hub perspective the M2C rotors is a straight fit.

Registered
Does the VT2-650 version you have installed include the water to air system to lower the IAT temp after the compressor? I see you are running meth injection.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah it does. The vt2 650 has the water to air IC. It's the kit below that doesn't include it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts