BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my M6 about a month ago and I'm looking to have the rod bearing replacement done professionally sometime soon. Do I need to be looking for an indy shop with extensive S85 experience to do this or is this something that you feel many indy BMW shops could complete no problem. My current mechanic is very capable and they indicated they can do the job, but their experience is mostly with S54s and S65s, not the V10 S85. Just looking for your opinions.

If anyone has recommendations in the DFW area for shops that work on S85s, please send my way.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I purchased my M6 about a month ago and I'm looking to have the rod bearing replacement done professionally sometime soon. Do I need to be looking for an indy shop with extensive S85 experience to do this or is this something that you feel many indy BMW shops could complete no problem. My current mechanic is very capable and they indicated they can do the job, but their experience is mostly with S54s and S65s, not the V10 S85. Just looking for your opinions.

If anyone has recommendations in the DFW area for shops that work on S85s, please send my way.

Thanks
If they can work on the S65 then working on the S85 shouldn't be a problem. They are very similar engines.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Basically same job as s65 but with 2 more cylinders

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts