BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Don't know if it helps,but the black spray can cap at the top of the picture indicates that only original BMW brake cleaner is used(see the part number on it)...:D

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
My first thought was also dipstick... we need a better reference point for size comparision....

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Please use a smaller picture and put something like your keys or anything beside the metal so we can get an idea of size.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
shakey hands, brace the camera against something.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Dip Stick?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Threads was f*cked up. And allso i was curios what we will find there, my car has over 200 000km allready. Problem is solved, ill post soon new topic with pics.
and no it wasnt DIP STICK!

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Initially we decided to replace the water pump(leaking) and t-stat(not working) yesterday afternoon on burnout's car.
Also the right fender and repair the oil drain plug thread as it was f***ed.

So the last thing we did yesterday was doing the oil pan,both thinking,easy quick job....

Until we found these parts.

Took me quite some time(about a minute or so) to figure out it was a part of the washer of the Vanos oil pump that went through the chain in the oil pan.

So we removed yesterday evening the plenum,valve covers and Vanos units to find my suspicion was right.

My parts dealer(who has quite some E39 M5 stuff in stock,wonder why...) had all the O-rings,washers and other parts for refurbing both Vanos units in stock.

So we cleaned and rebuilt the Vanos units today,did the cam timing while at it and assembled it.

Result is a quieter,smoother beast that has now more power.

But read more about our S62 pre-Christmas adventure in burnout's new thread...:byebye:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts