BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the clutch started slipping when I was passing a truck I realized it was time to get serious about a new clutch.

Being in Wyoming I started by getting an estimate from CO's BMW (my closest dealer by far). $3200.00 with a new flywheel. Not bad compared to what some other people have stated on here.

I don't know or trust anyone here in SE Wyoming with my beast, so I'm looking for a place in Denver/Fort Collins that could do it. Or maybe elsewhere in Wyoming.

My other option is that I have access to a lift, a Euro mechanic, tools and another helper mechanic (I just supply barley soda cherrsagai). Should I be bold, buy a TIS and a BMW tool and give it a shot?

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
When the clutch started slipping when I was passing a truck I realized it was time to get serious about a new clutch.

Being in Wyoming I started by getting an estimate from CO's BMW (my closest dealer by far). $3200.00 with a new flywheel. Not bad compared to what some other people have stated on here.

I don't know or trust anyone here in SE Wyoming with my beast, so I'm looking for a place in Denver/Fort Collins that could do it. Or maybe elsewhere in Wyoming.

My other option is that I have access to a lift, a Euro mechanic, tools and another helper mechanic (I just supply barley soda cherrsagai). Should I be bold, buy a TIS and a BMW tool and give it a shot?

Thanks for the help guys!
this

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I had a post here about how I planned to run the CNS. Then I read more on the board. Some people say UUC is great, others say its horrible. Same with CNS. Same with (insert brand here). So I have NO idea which clutch to run. Maybe I'll just run another OEM until it dies. Maybe not.. Maybe replacing the clutch is easier than deciding what to put in..

·
Registered
345 Posts
If you still need a shop recommendation: ASW in Broomfield is honest, reputable shop

Ask for Cal or Greg. These two guys have been working on BMW's for the better part of 25 years. It's where I take all our Euro cars to be worked on. Just a satisfied customer. Their number: 303-460-9900. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Fly me out there and I will do it for you. I promise I will put your fly wheel on right..... LOL....

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Ask for Cal or Greg. These two guys have been working on BMW's for the better part of 25 years. It's where I take all our Euro cars to be worked on. Just a satisfied customer. Their number: 303-460-9900. Good luck.
When I lived inn Denver a while ago I used to take my e30 m3 and my e36 m3 to Bimmerhaus in broomfield. The were always pretty straight up with me - Jim Leithauser (sp?) was my contact there. That was a few years ago so not sure what the reputation is these days.

Regardless - having watched timmay a few weeks back do this job - and if you have the help - do it yourself!!! Learning is half the battle.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I had a post here about how I planned to run the CNS. Then I read more on the board. Some people say UUC is great, others say its horrible. Same with CNS. Same with (insert brand here). So I have NO idea which clutch to run. Maybe I'll just run another OEM until it dies. Maybe not.. Maybe replacing the clutch is easier than deciding what to put in..
Give Brecus.com a shot. Excellent clutches with great pricing and customer service from Aaron. Hit him up at sales @ brecus.com

·
Registered
906 Posts
While you're in there...

If flywheel is original, replace it (with new bolts) along with a new rear main seal.

In addition, give some consideration to replacing all 4 of the CPS's and both TPS's while the
transmission is out. A fresh set of these "eyes" for the DME will likely add some new fire to the
beast. Plus, their replacement at this point will be super easy. I was absolutely amazed by the
performance increase when I replaced all 6 of these sensors. The throttle control became far
more linear and really smooth.

Regards,
Alan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts