BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

After months of thinking about it, I have finally taken the plunge. On the way to my garage is now an E46 M3 manual in titanium silver . The car is pretty much full spec, and is approved used from BMW UK, so fingers crossed the old girl is pretty ship-shape.

Picking it up next weekend, having drove it last weekend.

Looking forward to it. I sorely missed my E39 M5 when I had to sell it, and on the basis that you never go back, I tried the E46 and loved it. Cant wait to pick it up next weekend.

Car has 19's, shadowline exterior, arm rest, sat nat + tv, phone prep, heated seats, rear blind, xenons, H-K stereo upgrade, folding mirrors, etc. The engine is pretty tight too - looking forward to getting it next week....

I'll update my profile once I have it

Cheers to everyone who gave me a steer on spec etc over the past couple of months, much appreciated.

TrickyTrev

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Awesome! Congrats on the purchase. How many miles are on it? Would love to see some pics when it has arrived.

afc1

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congratulations! Pictures when you can please.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Another E46 in Hertfordshire - welcome to the club>

Am sure you are going to enjoy the car - a smaller and more nimble version of a E39.

Have had mine now for 3 months and am loving it...

Jon

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi everyone,

After a few weeks of waiting, I have now taken delivery of my E46 M3.

What a car. I am an utter convert to this form of the M car. I loved the E39 M5 I used to have, but the E46 is as good as it, and in some ways, it may even be better - its early days.....

For those of you in Hertfordshire, its a titanium silver, with tinted rear windows and it looks immense (IMHO).

Glad to be back in the M-car fold. As if to make me feel part of the gang again, a bloke in an E46 CSL and I shared a knowing-nod and smile last night going in opposite directions on a road near Baldock.

Photos will follow at some point.

Thanks to Scott Green at Stratstone BMW in Doncaster for sourcing the car and delivering it to me. I recommend him if you are thinking of a M car. He's a good lad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts