BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my lovely M5 back yesterday, no more limp mode! He went
back and basically re-programmed everything he could, and walla, no mo limp!
The DME was fed-exed last night to POWERCHIP, and I should be back in
action tomorrow! It is nice just to see it back in my garage! The prob came
from a bad feul pump, which in turn caused a lean condition, and a backfire, which blew the ribbons on the mass air sensors, and yada yada, many dollars
later, I am finally back in my car! Thanks to all who responded!
:M5launch: :M5launch: :byebye:

·
10,455 Posts
Stevus said:
I received my lovely M5 back yesterday, no more limp mode! He went
back and basically re-programmed everything he could, and walla, no mo limp!
The DME was fed-exed last night to POWERCHIP, and I should be back in
action tomorrow! It is nice just to see it back in my garage! The prob came
from a bad feul pump, which in turn caused a lean condition, and a backfire, which blew the ribbons on the mass air sensors, and yada yada, many dollars
later, I am finally back in my car! Thanks to all who responded!
:M5launch: :M5launch: :byebye:
Glad to hear the problem is solved. Interesting about the fuel pump, i had a misfire on the track recently, only when pushing quite hard. I had misfire codes and a fuel pump code, dealership just cleared everything and said come back if it recurrs.... I thought the fuel pump code might have been from a previous dyno run when the shop pulled the wrong fues (#31, fuel pump relay) but now i wonder if my fuel pump is getting weak?
Mike

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything is possible on these cars. I just hope she stays in good running shape

for a while!

·
Registered
487 Posts
mottati said:
Glad to hear the problem is solved. Interesting about the fuel pump, i had a misfire on the track recently, only when pushing quite hard. I had misfire codes and a fuel pump code, dealership just cleared everything and said come back if it recurrs.... I thought the fuel pump code might have been from a previous dyno run when the shop pulled the wrong fues (#31, fuel pump relay) but now i wonder if my fuel pump is getting weak?
Mike

Funny you mention that. I got the same fuel pump code and I think it was from a recent dyno run as well. They pulled 17 & 31 instead of 17 & 30. That disabled the fuel pump and through a couple codes.

·
10,455 Posts
SACM5 said:
Funny you mention that. I got the same fuel pump code and I think it was from a recent dyno run as well. They pulled 17 & 31 instead of 17 & 30. That disabled the fuel pump and through a couple codes.
Thanks for the confirmation, sounds like the same mistake, at 2 different dyno shops!
Mike

·
Registered
487 Posts
mottati said:
Thanks for the confirmation, sounds like the same mistake, at 2 different dyno shops!
Mike
Yep, they both disable the ABS but pulling 17&31 kills the fuel pump as well. If it happened to us I am sure it has happened to others as well.

I think just pulling 17&30 and running the car will produce codes. I had some additional codes stored that had to do with the DSC, steering angle sensor and no roadspeed signal. People who have had dyno runs and pulled these fuses I am assuming probably have these codes as well - even if the SES light didnt come on.

·
10,455 Posts
This is on the bmw gt1 machine, right? I had those as well, no ses light, as it's not emissions related (only safety, blah).
Mike

SACM5 said:
Yep, they both disable the ABS but pulling 17&31 kills the fuel pump as well. If it happened to us I am sure it has happened to others as well.

I think just pulling 17&30 and running the car will produce codes. I had some additional codes stored that had to do with the DSC, steering angle sensor and no roadspeed signal. People who have had dyno runs and pulled these fuses I am assuming probably have these codes as well - even if the SES light didnt come on.

·
Registered
487 Posts
mottati said:
This is on the bmw gt1 machine, right? I had those as well, no ses light, as it's not emissions related (only safety, blah).
Mike
Yep same thing. I had the car on the GT1 yesterday and they all showed up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts