BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)After some trial and error and alot of searching, I finally have a BM53 radio module that works:blabla:! I first posted about this on 03-02 and 03-04-2011.

A quick rehash: previous owner swapped in a widescreen monitor in his (now "My":wroom:) '00 (11/99 prod. date) M5. He left the C43 radio module in place and added a Dice unit w/ the DSP/analog converter. All worked well. I swapped the BM53 unit that goes with the widescreen monitor. Apparently that module did not work well. I just installed a second BM53 module all is working ok , except no sound from my iPod.

:grinyes:Thank you to all of you who posted comments and suggestions. I still do not have any sound from my Dice iPod connection:confused: though, but I'll keep working on it. I think I'll see if I can have the first BM53 module repaired (or see if it's even worth it) before I decide to sell/junk it or whatever. The weaker stations now come in good and the RDS and PTY functions work so far as well as the tape deck.

I'll keep everyone posted about the Dice situation. I would gladly appreciate any comments or feedback about that issue. I've tried the set-up with and with out the DSP/analog converter. The iPod works and I can see song titles, etc. on the instrument cluster, but I have no sound. I'll keep at it and report back.

THANK YOU ALL again:grinyes:!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I stand corrected. I meant "SUCCESS". But I also realized that my DSP system has a 3 PIN/Coax connection for the CDC, not the 3 PIN/6 PIN set-up. Any hints or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks again :)
2000 M5, (11/99 prod.; digital DSP)

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Did you take out the analog/digital converter that you mentioned?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you take out the analog/digital converter that you mentioned?
I tried that but when I do, there's nothing to go from the Dice unit to the CD changer connections. My car's CDC wiring consists of a 3 PIN plug and a coax cable ('00, 11/99 prod. date) for the connection to the stereo.

I've been working with a tech from European Auto Source (www.europeanautosource.com) and he suggested as someone here did (my apologies, I can't remember who) that by swapping in the BM53 module, my system may have switched to analog DSP:confused2. He further suggested I get the cable that is used for hooking up the Dice unit to cars with factory Sirius:confused2. Hopefully that will solve my problem. He also sent me a link to some wiring diagrams.

After a few years, I gotta love the fact that I'm still getting tech support even if I didn't buy this particular Dice set-up for this car (the prev. owner purchased the Dice and Dice D/A converter -he had the C43 module and updated to the widescreen monitor). I purchased a Dice unit for my non-DSP '97 528 from them a few years ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts