BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally its gotten warm enough here in NY to pull the beast out the garage and take a few pics. I got it in late Feb. and so far have installed H&R's up front and today installed the E60 short shifter. The install was a breeze once I got it up on ramps. (I probably should have done the shifter install before the springsouich) Anyway, I have been long overdue for some photos.......I'm surprised I haven't been banned!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Looking good! How long did it take to install the shifter?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only about a 1/2 hour once it was up on the ramps. I couldn't drive up them so I had to jack the car up and place them under the wheels. The actual install was a piece of cake, and I highly recommend it. I'd say about a 20% reduction in shifter throw and a much notchier engagements. The best mod per $1 spent IMO. About $65 total. I couldn't be happier!:hihihi:​

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Congratulations and thanks for sharing!:cheers:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm upstate, Albany area. The shift boot was just bunched up in the pics. It's all good.:)

·
Registered
150 Posts
heh nice ride man, seems u have the same wallet i do aswell :) - is it the smartcaze wallet with yellow leather inside?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Nice rig, man!

I agree that the shift boot looks strange. I have read you need to cut the existing one somehow (?) or get a shorter one to have it look like it belongs.

Not my car, though, so to each his own.

:cheers:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I cut the OE boot down, and I agree it looks funky in the pictures. I looked today as I drove to work and it looked fine. It must have just been the pictures, as I took it right after I put the knob on. Once I drove around a while, the boot fell back to its normal position.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
nice looks good

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Great pics!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts