BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my introduction. My name is Rich and after lurking on here for a few years and the untimely departure of my 540i/6, I finally pulled the trigger and bought my dream car! Its a 2001 LMB with black/blue interior. I wasn't sure about the interior at first but then when I went and looked at the car I fell in love with it. Luckily it seems to be fairly sorted already, so that frees up the time and money for the mods. Of course there is already a list made, now the money just needs to catch up with it! And what would an introduction thread be without pictures. I'll get some better ones for everyone after I get the registration done.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. LeMans blue with blue two tone is my favorite combo.

Titan trim would be the icing on top!

Any special mod plans on that list? :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. No special mod plans yet, but I have been looking around to try to decide a direction for a build plan. I think this will be the first car I've had in a while to stick around for more than a couple years!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just remember that the difference between "sorted" and "fairly sorted" can be a few grand! Congrats on the car, looks great.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Nice set of wheels you got there.

·
Banned
3,793 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again everyone. The car has 120k and the only mods on it are a Supersprint cat back, a roof spoiler and a Hamann style rear valance. And you guys are right, I do need to change the interior trim, I feel like the wood is out of place on these cars.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Thanks again everyone. The car has 120k and the only mods on it are a Supersprint cat back, a roof spoiler and a Hamann style rear valance. And you guys are right, I do need to change the interior trim, I feel like the wood is out of place on these cars.
It is good to see that CT is picking up on E39 M5s. I am in Newington myself.

·
Registered
658 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Can you take more pictures of the rear roof spoiler? I always wanted to know what this looked like on the car but there are very few pictures of it.

Very nice pick up!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I agree, they both look out of place and hopefully will be gone shortly.

I've got some technical graphite trim for sale, :cool2:

I once installed a set into a car with the same color combo and it looked quite nice, just a bit dark.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally got a chance to take some new pictures, been busy at work lately. And as requested a couple of the roof spoiler.

Hopefully the next time I post more pictures it'll look a little different.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts