BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, we picked her up 10 days ago and I've been playing with all the gadgets and getting aquainted. Beautiful Carbon Black and fully loaded. It was a great deal and the car is in really great shape with a few flaws. But what the heck, it's 5 years old. Runs very strong and my wife likes driving it as well which is another plus. :biggrinbounce: A few add ons and we're ready to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well, we picked her up 10 days ago and I've been playing with all the gadgets and getting aquainted. Beautiful Carbon Black and fully loaded. It was a great deal and the car is in really great shape with a few flaws. But what the heck, it's 5 years old. Runs very strong and my wife likes driving it as well which is another plus. :biggrinbounce: A few add ons and we're ready to go.
Congratulations! :cheers: I just picked up my CB '00 about 3 weeks ago. Was holding out for a CB/Titanium like yours but I'm a big fan of the wood now. Do all 4 wheels look that nice? A couple of mine got curbed hmmm. Beautiful car...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Cracking car mate.
Mind that kerb with the bumper.:biggrinbounce:
Question? How do you get the BMW logo on the Sat nav screen ?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. One is perfect, 2 need work, and the last one has very slight curbage. One tire needs to be replaced in 4-5k miles but the others are almost new. So, this summer when we go on vacation, I'm gonna fix the wheels. I feel better running on 4 evenly worn tires so I'll be replacing the tire soon. It's got small cosmetic issues such as a few minor rock chips but mechanically, the car is sound. I was actually looking for an '06 or '07 530 but came accross this one and couldn't pass it up. Saved about $18-20k, 135+ more hp, +100 on the smile and fun factor, it's taken the heavy depreciation, and my insurance rates are the same for an '03 M5 as it would have been for an '06 530. A win-win situation! :hihi:

·
Registered
128 Posts
No. One is perfect, 2 need work, and the last one has very slight curbage. One tire needs to be replaced in 4-5k miles but the others are almost new. So, this summer when we go on vacation, I'm gonna fix the wheels. I feel better running on 4 evenly worn tires so I'll be replacing the tire soon. It's got small cosmetic issues such as a few minor rock chips but mechanically, the car is sound. I was actually looking for an '06 or '07 530 but came accross this one and couldn't pass it up. Saved about $18-20k, 135+ more hp, +100 on the smile and fun factor, it's taken the heavy depreciation, and my insurance rates are the same for an '03 M5 as it would have been for an '06 530. A win-win situation! :hihi:
Great point.. I was also thinking about a 335 or maybe 530 but an M5 is a MUCH better buy, IMO :) RE: the wheels, same on mine - I think one is flawless but the other 3 all have varying degrees of CR. How could somebody destroy such gorgeous wheels? :mad: They deserve go-karts.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Welcome and enjoy! Very nice car. By the way, 'wife likes driving it' is a big minus. That means you have to share.:):M5launch:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome and enjoy! Very nice car. By the way, 'wife likes driving it' is a big minus. That means you have to share.:):M5launch:
Yea, but we still have the SL 500 and a few others to drive so it's all good. She likes to drive it but prefers to be chauffered...tough job but someone has to do it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congratulations on your acquisition. Nice car. From the pictures, your M5 looks to be Jet Black. Am I seeing things?

·
Registered
10 Posts
nice car. i just got mine a few weeks ago as well.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congratulations on your acquisition. Nice car. From the pictures, your M5 looks to be Jet Black. Am I seeing things?
That's what my wife and I like about Carbon Black. Looks black sometimes and sometimes it looks midnight blue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts