BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

After a week or so of waiting, the "Beast" has finally arrived :M5thumbs:

Haven't driven it much at all yet (been away all weekend and only picked it upon Friday) but it seems to be a great car so far :hihi:

Have a few questions already but will search around first. Only pending issue is that the Active seats are not functioning (garage agreed to fix this on Wednesday (2nd Jan) at their cost which is fine by me). When they arranged this visit to the local BMW dealer, the dealer didn't believe my M5 had Active Seats - they must be really rare :)

Regards,

Gary.
Geneva, Switzerland.
'99 M5 Carbon Black 67000Kms.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congrats - please post pics :byee55amg

Yes, active seats are very rare. I have them, and I know of less than a dozen others that have them too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ashok, yes I remember you mentioning the active seats in a previous mail and how rare they are. Since they still don't work (as I mentioned), I still don't know exactly what they do
I can imagine from the description in the manual (the one I got from the web since the one with the car is in German!) that the movements are kind of imperceptible. I'd prefer a kind of massage seat but then, that's what those expensive laz-e-boys are for, right?

Since they are so rare, the garage that initially tried the fix (it will to a BMW dealer now), didn't find anything. It could be that they didn't know where to look. I might take a look for a fuse or something before giving up the car on Wednesday. Any idea where the fuse would be (i.e. where I would start looking?

Regards,

Gary.

Ashok Arora said:
Congrats - please post pics :byee55amg

Yes, active seats are very rare. I have them, and I know of less than a dozen others that have them too.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
The fuses are labelled and located underneath the glove compartment. You could try and replace the fuse(s) but if it still doesn't work, take it to the dealer - these are not DIY repairable.

Here is a brief explanation of Active Seats:

http://www.bmwworld.com/technology/active_comfort_seat.htm

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ashok, really appreciate your comment and link:haha2: I'll check the fuses. If that doesn't work, I'll leave it to the dealer to fix as you suggest (I don't have the time nor the inclination to mess with cars too much these days!).

Regards,

Gary.

Ashok Arora said:
The fuses are labelled and located underneath the glove compartment. You could try and replace the fuse(s) but if it still doesn't work, take it to the dealer - these are not DIY repairable.

Here is a brief explanation of Active Seats:

http://www.bmwworld.com/technology/active_comfort_seat.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts