BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The M5 is such an all around great car there wasn't too much I needed to add....just:

Vorsteiner Hood
Hartge rep front lip
RD Sport roof spoiler
RD Sport trunk spoiler
20" Work Gnosis GS4 (Venacci) rims
15 mm spacers front
H&R springs
Angel eyes
and a couple of baby seats in back and we're good to go!
(until....ESS supercharger is in effect!!!)

Before:

After:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Congratulations, she's a real Alpine White beauty:goldcup:

Very tastefully modded, just perfect:applause:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Looks good, but you are in desperate need of some black kidneys. Those orange reflectors could do with some help too.
"Once you pop, you can't stop".hiha

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Looking good, just a question. Where did you get your front lip? It looks different than original Hartge. i got mine from RevoZport and its a really good copy of it but yours looks kina different. Here's mine:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks good, but you are in desperate need of some black kidneys. Those orange reflectors could do with some help too.
"Once you pop, you can't stop".hiha
Yes orange reflectors will be painted white...done black kidneys before on my old M6, prob will leave it to be clean...

Looking good, just a question. Where did you get your front lip? It looks different than original Hartge. i got mine from RevoZport and its a really good copy of it but yours looks kina different. Here's mine:

Indy, funny thing is that mine is also from Revozport but it does fit a bit differently....

·
Registered
311 Posts
Good looking M5 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Very clean yet aggressive looking Plastique. Great job.

Regarding the splitter, yours look like it's three separate pieces cause I see separation lines at the inner corners. Or is that just the pic? Can't really tell from the pics of Indy's car though.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Yes orange reflectors will be painted white...done black kidneys before on my old M6, prob will leave it to be clean...

Indy, funny thing is that mine is also from Revozport but it does fit a bit differently....
Here's a better picture of mine. Maybe yours was cracked in 3 pieces and thats how they fixed it? or maybe its just a change of style they made:dunno:

Reactions: EuroCarFan

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very clean yet aggressive looking Plastique. Great job.

Regarding the splitter, yours look like it's three separate pieces cause I see separation lines at the inner corners. Or is that just the pic? Can't really tell from the pics of Indy's car though.
No you are right....it actually shipped in 3 different pieces....so those are seams. I asked them why they did that and they said that was how they were made. I asked my shop to fill in the seams, but they made a point that if I bottomed out the splitter (which is done pretty easily), then it would probably crack right at the seam. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
That looks really great!! I suspect that's what M5's look like in Heaven.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
lookin' sweet man. Can't wait to see it in person. We are long overdue for another Mt Baldy run, is there another one planned soon??? Hope all is going well.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
No you are right....it actually shipped in 3 different pieces....so those are seams. I asked them why they did that and they said that was how they were made. I asked my shop to fill in the seams, but they made a point that if I bottomed out the splitter (which is done pretty easily), then it would probably crack right at the seam. :dunno:
Interesting. So does that mean they have two different styles of Hartge replicas since Indy's splitter is one piece?

As for molding them, I've always wanted to mold my Hartge splitter to the bumper too but yeah, I scrape them often and figured they'll crack at the molding areas.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts