BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I lurked and made a few comment on this board but I can officially say that I am a true member now. I've been looking for almost 3 months for my '02-'03 M5 and I finally got my '03 White/black yesterday.

I really don't post much but I thought I should at least say hello an it's great to be here!:M5thumbs:

Sung

btw, do all M5's come with the M-Audio? If not, how do I know if I have it. My friend's M3 has a speaker button to activate it, does the M5 have one too if it was equipped?

·
Super Moderator
10,461 Posts
congratulations on the car, you should add yourself to the bay area m5 list thread floating around here.

M audio was an option, there is no activation button like on e46's. To see if you have it, open the trunk and look under the package shelf. If you have M audio, you'll have 2 10" subs sitting there, if not, there will be a nokia speaker box. Additionally, your dealer can print out a report with your vin, to show past service history and the cars options and selling dealer info.
MIke

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mottati said:
congratulations on the car, you should add yourself to the bay area m5 list thread floating around here.

M audio was an option, there is no activation button like on e46's. To see if you have it, open the trunk and look under the package shelf. If you have M audio, you'll have 2 10" subs sitting there, if not, there will be a nokia speaker box. Additionally, your dealer can print out a report with your vin, to show past service history and the cars options and selling dealer info.
MIke
Thanks, I saw the 2 big speakers so I guess that confirms it.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Welcome, congrats, and (of course) enjoy!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tim W said:
Good Job!

You know it is required that all new members post pictures of their car

You know I thought about it but.... it's so STOCK!!!
I never really understood posting pics of a stock car. Give me until next week. I'll get some photos out. I gotta go to buttonwillow this weekend. (not with the M5, but maybe next time. The NSX is scheduled for this weekend)

And thanks for the welcome guys!

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
sycosho said:
Hello all,

I lurked and made a few comment on this board but I can officially say that I am a true member now. I've been looking for almost 3 months for my '02-'03 M5 and I finally got my '03 White/black yesterday.

I really don't post much but I thought I should at least say hello an it's great to be here!:M5thumbs:

Sung

btw, do all M5's come with the M-Audio? If not, how do I know if I have it. My friend's M3 has a speaker button to activate it, does the M5 have one too if it was equipped?
You do realize that they only allow silver M5's in the Bay Area. Just take a look at the current thread regarding the Bay Area M5 club. Silver silver everywhere.

Anyway, congrats. I still like mine as much as the day I bought it.

Mark

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MAH said:
You do realize that they only allow silver M5's in the Bay Area. Just take a look at the current thread regarding the Bay Area M5 club. Silver silver everywhere.

Anyway, congrats. I still like mine as much as the day I bought it.

Mark
I saw that list. It took me so long because I couldn't locate a white one in the local area. I was suprised to see 2 whites on that list. never ever saw an white m5 in the bay area.

Sung

·
Registered
332 Posts
Congrats bud!

Happy motoring

·
Registered
225 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I think white looks great...very rare on an M5.

Where did you finally find a white one?

·
Registered
369 Posts
willm5ad said:
OMG Iwebb your car looks exactly the same as mine, oxford green with the lovely tan interior with chamoix insets, is it a 2000 individual?
WillM5AD
It is actually a lowercase L, but anyway. I dont have the chamoix inserts, just regular Caramel interior. Do you have the folding rear seat?

I like the green how about you?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Hey, its all good!

Besides the White is kinda rare so you would be helping someone in the future :)

Have a great weekend

sycosho said:
You know I thought about it but.... it's so STOCK!!!
I never really understood posting pics of a stock car. Give me until next week. I'll get some photos out. I gotta go to buttonwillow this weekend. (not with the M5, but maybe next time. The NSX is scheduled for this weekend)

And thanks for the welcome guys!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
lwebb12 said:
It is actually a lowercase L, but anyway. I dont have the chamoix inserts, just regular Caramel interior. Do you have the folding rear seat?

I like the green how about you?
Yes I do have the folding rear seats, its a 2000 individual, all the bits, satnav,tv,uprated hifi etc.
I wasnt sure about the color when I bought it, in fact I didnt care just wanted it bad after lounging around in an 850i for 2 years, didnt know much about the M5 then my son saw it and I took it for a test drive and just had to have it immediately, the color has grown on me I havent seen an M5 in that color before I saw yours. Is your a 2000 model also? Had some problems lately but will be picking her up on Sunday complete with new gearbox etc ?????? .
You may have seen my post "big costs coming up"? http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57232
WillM5AD

·
Registered
369 Posts
willm5ad said:
Yes I do have the folding rear seats, its a 2000 individual, all the bits, satnav,tv,uprated hifi etc.
I wasnt sure about the color when I bought it, in fact I didnt care just wanted it bad after lounging around in an 850i for 2 years, didnt know much about the M5 then my son saw it and I took it for a test drive and just had to have it immediately, the color has grown on me I havent seen an M5 in that color before I saw yours. Is your a 2000 model also? Had some problems lately but will be picking her up on Sunday complete with new gearbox etc ?????? .
You may have seen my post "big costs coming up"? http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57232
WillM5AD
Sweet, sounds awesome.Yes mine is a 2000 model Build date 10/99. I purchased it used in 2003.

The color while subdued is real nice in the sun. I love it more and more each day I drive it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts