BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

finally got the car!

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  illjah 
#1 ·
flew down to texas and drove the m5 back. Im very happy with it. The only thing is I dont like how loud and raspy it is. The car did great the whole way. I didnt really see any cops at all until I hit MN, I got pulled over and a ticket for the muffler. The cop gave me some bs story about a lot of drugs coming up from TX for some concert or something recently and thats why he pulled me over.. Nice guy though. Ill post some pics soon.:cheers:

#3 ·
TireFryer said:
email me and let me know if you'd be up for possibly selling your eisenmann exhaust. I would like to hear it first so I know what it sounds like. other people with eisenmann...how do you like it? pros? cons?

thanx
Love mine, but I ripped out all the oem crap. Also there are different types of our cars. I have Race 83mm. You can see pics at the de-cat thread. In one pic the pipes look kind of pinched but it's just the light and angle of the camera. My whole exhaust weighs maybe 65 lbs, compared to needing 2 guys to move the **** oem thing.

#4 ·
Here are some pics from the trip and then of the car once I got home. The XJR is parked next to it (will be gone in about a week).

Attachments

#5 ·
the roads through the midwest are so boring....

Now I just need to make a few changes and I will be happy with the car. the stupid M emblem in the rear will be replaced as soon as I get the proper bmw roundel I just ordered. Not sure if I like the eye brows? What do you guys think? And the M contours are going fast too.

#6 ·
redl1nerpm said:
the roads through the midwest are so boring....

Now I just need to make a few changes and I will be happy with the car. the stupid M emblem in the rear will be replaced as soon as I get the proper bmw roundel I just ordered. Not sure if I like the eye brows? What do you guys think? And the M contours are going fast too.
I believe Saliya has some real E34M5 ///M pars...if they haven't been snapped up yet. That would be my choice along with staggered t-stars.
www.euromcars.com

#7 ·
mblaster said:
I believe Saliya has some real E34M5 ///M pars...if they haven't been snapped up yet. That would be my choice along with staggered t-stars.
www.euromcars.com
wow, only $1400 for the throwing stars which have been refinished. Im really wanting some 18 inch M parallels or 7 spoke 545i/6 wheels, but thats a sweet deal!

#8 ·
redl1nerpm said:
wow, only $1400 for the throwing stars which have been refinished. Im really wanting some 18 inch M parallels or 7 spoke 545i/6 wheels, but thats a sweet deal!
Send him a e-mail. We did some work on another buddys E34 M5 at my place a few weeks ago and he told me he had a nice set of orig, 95 m5 m-pars. He'd either hiding them or maybe they are sold. Make contact and if you are serious he's got the people in germany to find you another set.

#10 ·
bobz said:
Just had a look at your pics and the one showing the instrument cluster has the car temp very low so either the gauge is not working or someone has removed the thermostat, which is not good for the engine.

BobZ
I think the gauge (or more likely the sender) is shot because oil-temp is normal.

Nice car! and I'd lose the eyebrows!

#13 ·
hi redl1nerpm

very nice car sir. 18's will really fill the wheel housing nicely. but if you get a good deal on the t stars, go for it. you are lucky in the US you have it really good in terms of variety and price. I am trying to find a set of lightweight alloys, looks like BBS for me, but we will see.

loose the eyebrows though.

#15 ·
redl1nerpm said:
I thought it had the wrong grill.. Is it from the newer e34's?
yes, front grille and bonnet from the later models - changed to fit in the V8 lumps allegedly, but lots of people prefer it as it looks more 'modern' and obviously someone has changed it - unless the car is actually a later model and they have fitted the earlier style wing mirrors - but this is less likely i think.

I personally prefer the small kidney grille, as its a bit squarer and also looks closer to the old 6 series / e28 5 series, but i like my old school stuff....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.