BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...I am a new member...I just purchased an '03 Iola Red M5 that I looked long & hard for and finally found (never been titled) at a dealer in LA...I am in PA...I have a few questions I was hoping to get some advice on:

1. Tire pressure. The placard calls for 44 & 48 but it's awful harsh...Any advice?
2. I had seen some cars with the 'alcantara' on the sunvisors...Was that an option?
3. Any opinions on the 'invisable bra' system that uses a transparent film as a front end bra?
4. What's a good place for M5 accessories?

Thanks in advance!

Love the car - (It's parked right next to my Cinnabar Red M6)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I too would like to find out about the clear bra (I am also in the UK and not many cars have these bras)

Can you get them in the UK???

Oh yeah BeastPower is a good source for parts

Welcome to Beast ownership you'll love it.........:M5launch: :M5eyes:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome & congrats! :byebye:

·
10,445 Posts
RMC said:
1. Tire pressure. The placard calls for 44 & 48 but it's awful harsh...Any advice?
2. I had seen some cars with the 'alcantara' on the sunvisors...Was that an option?
3. Any opinions on the 'invisable bra' system that uses a transparent film as a front end bra?
4. What's a good place for M5 accessories?
Thanks in advance!
Love the car - (It's parked right next to my Cinnabar Red M6)
1. If you have michellin pilot sports, you can certainly lower the pressure. I typicall run about 35psi at all 4 corners. From a performance standpoint, you want these tires to be at about 40psi HOT. If you have the dunlops, you can probably go lower too, but i have no experience with them. The staggered pressure is one of the ways bmw induces understeer into these cars, so you can definately lower the rears.
2. I've not seen alcantara sunvisors personally. My car has the alcantara headliner, but leather visors.
3. no experience
4. www.beastpower.com
Welcome and enjoy!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I run 37 front and 39 rear with Michelin Pilot PS2s. Decent ride but good handling. On track, I do a bit higher. 44/48 is for a max load and 34/38 are minimums.

On the alcantra, my '02 has leather visors but I recall seeing an '00 with all leather. I think it had alcantra visors.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Congrats!!!!!

On tire pressures, I agree 35 all around works for some- unfortunately, BMW has left us to kind of guess.

Alcantara- on my 03, I have it on my roof lining, but not on the sun visors- those are leather/leather like material.

Show us some pics!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
the 00 that looks like it has alacantra visors are actually just black headliner material. Thats what my car has and apparently it was a no cost option in 2000 in canada. All alacantra headliners had leather visors.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Another Imola Beast, congrats. :cheers: Pics Please.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Any opinions on the 'invisable bra' system that uses a transparent film as a front end bra?
QUOTE]

I have the clear bra on my LeMans Blue 2001, installed by the previous owner. While I do like the protection it gives, I have to reveal that there is a clearly visible horizontal line across the hood 5 inches above the top of the roundel where the clear bra ends. It's unsightly, and it can collect polish and make the line somewhat white. All in all, I would recommend against putting one on unless you live in an area where rocks chips are common. Aloha and welcome to the world of M5's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts