BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995 BMW M5 Touring Individual Orinoco over Petrol Mint
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
He wouldn't let me drive thereafter :haha: !

He first got some city driving and then got to open it up on the highway.
He liked the constant pull and was amazed at the 7k redline.
"It hit 7k!", he said (well he really said "Sept mille tours !").

Other comments included "That car hauls a$s" (pardon my French).
I told him that unfortunately up here we benefit from only 80% of the engine's power...
He loved the strong bite and feel of the brakes too :applause: .

He commented on how well it stuck to the road but also thought that it could lead him
into trouble easily. He questioned the build date, a 15 year-old car, there's no way??

He really liked that the car could do it all really well, pick up groceries, carry
four (even five) people comfortably and yet bring so much excitement in a discrete package.

I told him that it won't be leaving the family anytime soon :M5launch: !

What reactions do you get when letting someone else drive the car?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Ha ha

The day we got married as we were in Ireland I agreed for my dad to drive me to the church in mine, I told him how potent she was and we started on the 30 mile journey to the church from the hotel. There was also a convoy of approx 20 cars following of family and friends who travelled. I was sat in the rear of my baby with mum and dad proudly up front. My 3 brothers and my best man were following, all seemed ok and mellow and slowly dad was carrying more and more speed through the "ring of beara" as unplanned confidence grew. As we went round a bend at 75mph I laughed at two of my brothers unable to stay on the correct side of the road trying to keep up with the speedy grandad:1::1:

I told him to slow down and had to explain that a gap had appeared in the convoy, his reply was he wasn't driving fast, I told how fast his last bend speed was and chuckled at my mothers remarks as the bollockin was issued. These cars just shock this who have never had the pleasure

Would never give him the keys to the e39 for the same journey, speeds would be faster and corners scarier

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
I sat in Jnr's stripped out 3.6 Calypso Candice as Senior ( Peter Pan ) hammered around the Nurburgring driving Sebring Sienna .

I don't know what Senior said or felt particularly about the drive , but I was amazed at how hard he was powering out of the corners and how fast he drove that lap in a car that he had never so much as sat in previously !

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
you let other people drive your M5.... blinkin heck, nobody else has ever driven mine .... (other than DavidOli)

Reactions: davidoli

·
Registered
143 Posts
My girlfriend drives my touring all the time and she love it almost as much as i do ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts