BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I've been lusting for an M5 for probably 7 years now. Had every intention of getting the new M3, when about 3 months ago, saw a gorgeous M5 in the dealer show room advertised at $1,150/month lease payments, but 5,000 drive off.

Anyway, started thinking about potential of getting an M5 at close to the same price as the new M3. Showed it to the wife, and she fell in love. It's Indianapolis Red with Silverstone interior. Simply beautiful. About a month later took it for a test drive to try SMG. Love that too.

So, put my temporary lease car (335i) up for sale about 3 days ago. Wasn't getting much hits, because why would anyone buy a used car with 16,500 miles on it and only $7,000 less than a new one? But I was determined.

So, went in to the dealer to see if he would give me same lease rates with minimum drive off. Got the deal. Then I asked him how long the deal would be in effect, since I still had to sell my car. He said end of month. I then explained that for that to happen, he would have to take my 335i lease off my hands. Doubtful, right? Believe it or not, they did it all.

Yes, my miracle, and now my beautiful new M5 sits happily in the garage next to her big brother X5. I will post some pics soon - we just got back too late last night.

I love this car, and can't wait to finally experience her first hand...

Cheers,

Burnin M

·
Registered
350 Posts
Congrats! Lets see some pics

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Very cool deal!!!!!!!:applause::applause: Never, never, hurts to ask!:M5thumbs:

Enjoy!

Robert cherrsagai

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Patience pays off, seven years is a long time but I'm sure thats making you appreciate the car even more. Enjoy.

·
Registered
155 Posts
:applause: Congratulations :applause:

Pix!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
CONGRATS!!

Great deal.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
CONGRATS!!!! pics now!!!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Congratulations!
The first 1200 miles are torture...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats on your M5 and color choice! Did you happen to get your M5 from Stevens Creek BMW? I got my car there in April and at that time, there were two Indy Red M5s ... the one I took off their hands, plus another one with Silverstone leather, Olive Ash wood, but didn't have rear sunshades. Don't forget to keep her in P400 and out of S5/S6/D5 for the first 1200 miles. And don't forget to visit your favorite gas station every 2 to 3 days!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the party. We need some pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts