BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here are the pics i promised, silver grey with silverstone interior...

i'm getting the brushed aluminum and rear M lip spoiler installed soon. Also the exterior window chrome lining is going and getting replaced with a black matt one. and last, i'm getting Hamann pedals. my dealer is installing all of that for free ;)

all pics are taken using the Nokia 6680.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man!

thought the colors doesnt show it's true color since pics were taken in the garage.

the rear pic shows the true color of silver grey. :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HomerUK said:
looks great:)

Whats the trim is it piano black?
it's got the dark brown wood trim, it's so ugly on silverstone....i can't wait to get it changed this week.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congrats - awesome pics and beautiful car! :cheers:

Do you have M multifunction seats and/or perforated seats?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kchika said:
Congrats - awesome pics and beautiful car! :cheers:

Do you have M multifunction seats and/or perforated seats?
i got the m multifunctional seats. no perforated for me. i couldnt be bothered to wait for 4 months for perforated seats.:2:

·
Registered
383 Posts
marwan said:
it's got the dark brown wood trim, it's so ugly on silverstone....i can't wait to get it changed this week.
Must be the lighting in the garage makes it look black to me:)

The Carbon in the M6 really suited the Silverstone leahter imo:)

What are you changing it to?

My gripe with the options is that the gearlever is always in the silvery gray plastic and not matched, thats one of the reasons I chose brushed alu. IT looks so tacky to have a nive wooden inlay and big plastic chunk around the gear leaver imo but I'm sure you will be able to get matching ones form 3rd parties soon enough if BMW dont change this.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats! It was a good idea to tint the windows. Looks awesome! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
251 Posts
very nice! silver gray might be plain jane but it's beautiful on the M5.

btw, what else is that in your garage? I see an A8L and a P-car of some sort... looks like 996 turbo wheels...

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
The E60 M5 has changed from an ugly duckling to a handsome swan... amazing job Chris Bangle!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mabro0ok..
Very nice color
:wroom:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Marwan,

Sorry if I missed your postings on this subject, but did you have an E39 prior to your new E60? If so, can you provide a comparison in performance? How does the E60 feel in comparison to the E39? Are you happier with it?

GussM5

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
marwan said:
Hey, that's my car (except no chrome, hopefully)! I am definitely keeping the madeira wood trim, which gives the interior some color and warmth that aluminum does not. To each his own.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Congrats on the car. :cheers: It would be great to see some more higher resolution pics taken outside.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
masmole said:
very nice! silver gray might be plain jane but it's beautiful on the M5.

btw, what else is that in your garage? I see an A8L and a P-car of some sort... looks like 996 turbo wheels...
your right, an Audi A8, Porsche Carrera 4S and a VW Toureg. :)

i wasn't too happy with the pics taken above since i was using my camera phone, so i decided to take better ones with my digital camera...

as you can tell, this car is gas and oil thirsty! :sweat:

edit: due to the time the pics were taken(5pm-ish), silver grey look more bronzish rather than grey in some of the pictures.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts