BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Nice work! Glad to see another one fully refreshed and ready to be enjoyed!

·
Registered
632 Posts
I totally agree with your point. I wanted to bring this M5 the way I like it and it couldn't be cheap. Whenever I sell it I'm aware that I'll loose money. But any decent enthusiast will have hard time finding fault with my upgrades.
Supersprint headers are not just eye candy but major improvement over OEM exhaust system. A lot of people don't realize that OEM M5 headers while sufficient, are still quite restrictive plus the OEM exhaust system is pan flattened at 2 places which is really not good for flow.
Also, the original OEM wheels were in quite bad shape. Po was a nice guy and called himself and enthusiast but when I test drove the car brake pedal pretty much sank to the floor and he causally mentioned "there might be issue with brakes, not sure really", lol.
Anyway, I felt this car deserved everything it got and I'm just enjoining it now. i'm not going to have it sitting on the lift and worrying about value while missing on fun.
Love what you have done with a timeless German classic. Everything you have done to this vehicle is all very tasteful. Headers make a huge difference. I installed the evolve headers during the group buy some years ago on my 2003 M5 and man what a difference. It is mated to a Dinan exhaust and just sounds magnaglorius!!! I also installed Dinan springs Koni shocks, Dinan sway bars and Dinan diff. I purchased four new BMW rear rims and installed them on all 4 corners. I run 265s on the front and 285s on the rear. And yes I drive it for enjoyment. Setting up the M5 with tasteful mods is a fine path to take. Well done and enjoy.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
15 Participants
jsdsm5
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing