BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my beast almost a year ago I had huge plans for it, I've even purchased several parts that I have yet to install. My car came with the resonator deleted and a Hamann axle back exhaust, I was happy with the sound but with all the people talking about the muffler delete I decided that was the way to go. I purchased a pair of dual 4" stainless tips from a local speed shop, they seemed to fit the car perfectly. Last weekend I took the car into the shop and right away the guy was ready to start cutting the Hamann exhaust out by chopping the mufflers directly at the back of the muffler! Nope! I showed him this was a kit that will be cut right where I tell him including actually unbolting the hangers that go to the mufflers! With everything removed correctly he rebuilt the pipes from the axle all the way up making sure it fit and looked perfect. I was very happy with the fit and the attention to detail, then I started the it....... all I can say is DAMN!! To anyone who's on the fence about doing this MAKE SURE you can deal with a very loud car before doing it!! I love my cars loud, I always have and this is one of the most intense sounding cars I've ever had. I'll post up a pic of the work, if anyone is in the Sacramento area and is looking to have it done I'd recommend West Coast Muffler for sure! I paid $200 out the door plus I purchase my own tips but I'm more than happy with the work! I'll be posting up my complete Hamann kit soon too so I can get my coil over kit and take one more step toward having the car I really want! :M5launch:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Reactions: gzig5 and 68FB

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you have resonator and muffler delete or did you re-install resonators?
The resonator was already removed when i got the car, I had the mufflers removed and replaced with straight pipe. The only thing in the exhaust are the cats now...... its loud. We're out of town for the weekend and drove the car, it turns heads for sure! I had a guy in an older Vette do a flyby on me in traffic, I lit him up hard when i caught up to him... his jaw hit his lap when i passed him at almost 7K!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Looks like a nice clean install. I'm actually going to save/print that picture to use as an example of what to do to show the guy in the muffler shop I go to.

Looks like you may have some battery acid coming out of the breather hole on your battery box?

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I purchased my beast almost a year ago I had huge plans for it, I've even purchased several parts that I have yet to install. My car came with the resonator deleted and a Hamann axle back exhaust, I was happy with the sound but with all the people talking about the muffler delete I decided that was the way to go. I purchased a pair of dual 4" stainless tips from a local speed shop, they seemed to fit the car perfectly. Last weekend I took the car into the shop and right away the guy was ready to start cutting the Hamann exhaust out by chopping the mufflers directly at the back of the muffler! Nope! I showed him this was a kit that will be cut right where I tell him including actually unbolting the hangers that go to the mufflers! With everything removed correctly he rebuilt the pipes from the axle all the way up making sure it fit and looked perfect. I was very happy with the fit and the attention to detail, then I started the it....... all I can say is DAMN!! To anyone who's on the fence about doing this MAKE SURE you can deal with a very loud car before doing it!! I love my cars loud, I always have and this is one of the most intense sounding cars I've ever had. I'll post up a pic of the work, if anyone is in the Sacramento area and is looking to have it done I'd recommend West Coast Muffler for sure! I paid $200 out the door plus I purchase my own tips but I'm more than happy with the work! I'll be posting up my complete Hamann kit soon too so I can get my coil over kit and take one more step toward having the car I really want! :M5launch:

Can you post a video? In thinking of having my resonator deleted as well. I had my mufflers deleted about a week ago and I love it! Here is a video of mine with just the muffler delete http://youtu.be/xBa2j27zRNo

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sound clip? I'm running a similar setup but I have a SS x pipe after the cats. Curious how they compare.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the compliments, I'm very happy with the fit and work the guy did. He spent the time to bend both sides exactly the same and the tips line up perfect. I'll post up a video soon, I took one with my GoPro Hero 3+ and it sounds good but doesn't do the car justice! I went through a tunnel yesterday and this poor guy in a Mini with the top down got stuck behind me when I did a 7K 2nd to 3rd gear run.... he looked way less than happy when I did it! Yes, I did have some battery acid leaking. I swapped the battery from my e34 into it when the one in the car went dead and it leaked some.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts