BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all!

So the sun finally appeared, and Bi-Turbo #432 was rolled out of the garage for a quick shake-down and a photo-shoot.

Here are a few details:

56'500km, Diamantschwarz Met. with gold bling and alpina cloth...it's pretty much perfect, just like a new car. There's only one tiny ding on the driver's door that I'm sure I can have worked out without needing paint. It hasn't had a spray gun near it since it left Munich, so I'm not intending to start now.... If anyone's had experience of paint-free dent removal (z.B. Hagelschaden) around the Zürich area I'd be very glad to hear from you.

So now I'm working on one or two minor electrical niggles - I guess I'll be posting again soon with a few questions...and of course any experiences I make that might help.

Otherwise, today's swift run up the motorway and through a couple of nice steep winding roads was very impressive indeed. Bags and bags of super smooth torque - unbelievable! I'm beginning to understand why it's such a legend. It's so shiny that it's almost funny - real head turner. Lots of "Geniessers" out there today...!

Anyway here are the pics - enjoy. :thumbsup:

More soon!

Dom

P.S. My rear head rests are missing :sad1:
Anyone have a spare pair knocking around ?

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
dom graf:

Nice car looks almost like mine:)

Is it a orginal PDC or is it a aftermarket thing?

The Bi turbo red sign at the front should it be on that angel?

Is the car 100% orginal in the engine?

It seems to be more and more not orginal B10T out their wich is sade thing.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Looks like a very clean car!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks...

@ Starre -

Yes, the PDC is original, and you're right about the front BT badge, I'm also not sure if that jaunty angle is right. Anyone know if they left Buchloe like that ? The red BT in the pic with concorde has the badge straight and level, so that's the best indicator I have so far.

Otherwise the car is 100% original...

Now I just can't wait to get my 21" chrome deep dish rims (with spinners), K+N airfilter, lowering kit, window tint, chip tuning, fat Remus exhaust and HUGE boom box....

Sorry, just kidding - couldn't resisit...!

·
Registered
232 Posts
don graf:

Do you have a picture on the interieur also?

To my knowledge the badge should bee like the red one, I have it on my Biturbo.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Now I just can't wait to get my 21" chrome deep dish rims (with spinners), K+N airfilter, lowering kit, window tint, chip tuning, fat Remus exhaust and HUGE boom box....

Sorry, just kidding - couldn't resisit...!

I was reading it and was thinking "oh no...". Glad it's a joke :cheers:

Your car looks just beautiful, and the low mileage makes me green ...of envy. Mine has 178,000 kms and still has all his bhp, so you have room for enjoyment.

I have dropped all "deco" from mine (no rear spoiler, no boot badges, no stripes; left only the "Biturbo" on the front grill - which should be level on and on the 3rd bar, if I'm correct-) but when I see yours, I'm still wondering which is the best choice. I believe that the Alpina "folklore" fits perfect on youngtimer-collection cars like the B7 turbo, B6 2.8,... . The b10 BT is now getting this status as well, so it seems to me more acceptable, than 2 years ago, when I got mine. Maybe I should re-change ..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts